Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Met my favorite player tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
So Brian Calhoun had his 3rd annual sportfest tonight. He usually hosts some sports event (last year it was bowling) and a free football clinic the next day. Tonight he hosted a basketball game, and I think there was a total of 40 people there. But it gave me a chance to get my jersey signed, and talk to him a little. Here is how our conversation went...

Me: Whats up Brian?
Brian: Hey man, hows it going?
Me: So Im probably the only one who brought a jersey, but it sucks.
Brian: No, its cool man. Its alright.
Me: So are there any teams interested in you right now?
Brian: Yeah, there is actually about 8 teams interested right now. By July 1st I will meet with Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay.
My Brother: You should play for the Steelers.
Brian: Yeah, Im pretty sure I dont want to play for them. They have a pretty crowded backfield. It would be nice to play for the Packers. (hands back jersey)
Me: Thanks man, and good luck.
Brian: No problem. Thanks for coming out.

And here is my jersey.
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1521.jpg

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Did you tell him he should have stayed for his Senior season at Wisconsin and then he wouldn't be unemployed. ;)

Where was this held?

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
G $MONEY$ said:
jersey looks great, take any pictures?

Unfortunately, I got there and realized I forgot my camera. ::facepalm:: Oh well, there is always next year. And hopefully then he will have a new team and I can buy a new jersey.

Reds in 2009 said:
Did you tell him he should have stayed for his Senior season at Wisconsin and then he wouldn't be unemployed. ;)

Where was this held?

It was held at Oak Creek high school, is alma mater. I cant believe how nice of a high school it is.

Brad said:
Did he get injured signing your jersey? ::facepalm::

It wouldnt surprise me, but no. He was however the only player playing basektball in sweat pants. I dont think I could do that, especially full court.

SeattlefantillIdie said:
AWESOME story and AWESOME jersey! Must've been really cool to do that in person! I'm sure the jersey cost something, but was the auto itself free or was it one of those must-pay events?

It was a charity event, so it just cost the price to get in to the game. We came to the door, and the prices said $5 for students, and $8 for adults. The guy just told me $10 for the two of us would be fine.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
jamuser304 said:
Brad said:
Did he get injured signing your jersey? ::facepalm::

It wouldnt surprise me, but no. He was however the only player playing basektball in sweat pants. I dont think I could do that, especially full court.

Dang, I could not do that either. Maybe he was covering up some knee braces :oops: Hopefully for you though, he lands with a team and gets his career started

Members online

Latest posts