Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ummmm...WOW! Way to knock my socks of matt (hive17)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Upon coming home, I checked the mailbox..inside was a bubble mailer. I thought "Hmmm...I don't have anything incoming. What has FCB worked up this time?"
Then I see it's from a very familiar address. Matt, you...you...you.. :x :)
So it's only a single card, but he told me to keep it in my PC, which I will surely do. Matt, you're a really great guy and this was an awesome gesture. It will be the cornerstone of my personal collection for a very long time. I can't thank you enough buddy. I just wish Yount stuff was cheaper so I could get something back to ya :( Thanks a lot man. You really are an awesome dude. I can't believe you actually sent this to me so generously knowing that you could have gotten 30 bucks out of it on ebay. Thank you so much brother. Without further ado....

BOOM!
Bumgarnersterling.jpg

Thanks Matt, I REALLY need to return the favor somehow.

Anthony

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Whew, glad it got there ;)

I was going to get worried if it wasn't there today.

I just firgured it was one of those times were you could get someone pretty close to the perfect thing for thier collection, so it wasn't even an arguement in my head.

As for paying it back, just keep it, and I'll be satisfied with the knowledge that I helped you out on your collection.

Or pay if forward, as other members like to say.

Take care.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
hive17 said:

I just firgured it was one of those times were you could get someone pretty close to the perfect thing for thier collection, so it wasn't even an arguement in my head.

As for paying it back, just keep it, and I'll be satisfied with the knowledge that I helped you out on your collection.

Take care.

Thanks man. You're a really good guy. And you're right, it's the perfect fit in my collection. I'm thinking about just selling off some chromes to break even then keeping the rest of my stuff. No matter what I choose, this auto is staying with me. I already have it in a brand new four screw holder. The only other card that deserves that status in my collection is my Griffey auto, and we both know that's not leaving the collection either. Thanks again bud. I've already got my sights set on a card to return the favor.

Anthony

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
I was going to send you a Bum, but you said you just wanted them to flip, so I didn't.

Nice gesture hive.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
flightposite said:
I was going to send you a Bum, but you said you just wanted them to flip, so I didn't.

Nice gesture hive.

I was planning on it, but the more and more I listen to him pitch, the more I just want to sell off what I bought in for then keep the rest. I'm kinda debating, but leaning towards PCing him.

Anthony

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
hive17 said:

Take care.

Thanks man. You're a really good guy. And you're right, it's the perfect fit in my collection. I'm thinking about just selling off some chromes to break even then keeping the rest of my stuff. No matter what I choose, this auto is staying with me. I already have it in a brand new four screw holder. The only other card that deserves that status in my collection is my Griffey auto, and we both know that's not leaving the collection either. Thanks again bud. I've already got my sights set on a card to return the favor.

Anthony
Some of my favorite cards were the ones that were given to me by members...well done Hive!

Members online

Latest posts