Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Centerpiece of the Butler collection is here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Today's mail brought the original contract that promoted Butler from the AA Savannah Braves to the AAA Richmond Braves, signed by Hank Aaron no less! This is officially the centerpiece of my collection!

1427gnc.jpg

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Very nice pick-up.

I have a managerial contract from 1940 of a guy I collect, Dick Porter when he was managing the St. Petersburg Saints.

Congrats.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
LaneyB said:
That is nice, where'd you find it?
I picked it up from a member over on the PSA boards - turns out he was the high bidder on it when it came up for auction on eBay almost five years ago. Although I was disappointed at the time that I didn't win, I promptly forgot all about it until it popped up in a thread a few days ago. I was able to obtain it for the price he paid back then. :D

brumbach said:
Very nice, that definitely tops the 1992 DK Jumbo!
Yeah, it does! Still pretty happy to have the jumbo, though - lots of player collectors would love to have one.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
TNP777 said:
LaneyB said:
I picked it up from a member over on the PSA boards - turns out he was the high bidder on it when it came up for auction on eBay almost five years ago. Although I was disappointed at the time that I didn't win, I promptly forgot all about it until it popped up in a thread a few days ago. I was able to obtain it for the price he paid back then. :D

brumbach said:
Yeah, it does! Still pretty happy to have the jumbo, though - lots of player collectors would love to have one.

Scan or ban!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
WOW. I thought the second name sounded familiar. He isnt the same guy... but same name. Paul Runge the NL Umpire.... not the same Paul Runge on the Brett Butler contract.... but in searching to see if it was the same......

Paul was famous for a controversial "interference call" on Brett Butler that saved Orel Hershiser's 1988 scoreless inning streak, nullifying a run by José Uribe.

Twilight Zone.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
trademhigh said:
TNP777 said:
LaneyB said:

brumbach said:

Scan or ban!
Here you go! :D

donruss92DKsuper_F18.jpg
donruss92DK_F18.jpg

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
WOW, a fantastic piece. I'd love to have any MLB or MiLB contract of the guys I collect. Of course you need to make sure Upper Deck never gets ahold of that contract, they'll use it to make a Legendary Cuts Cut Auto card of Aaron. :lol: