Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm loving the spiteful Tom Glavine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
More bitterness; now he's apparently thinking about filing a grievance against the Braves, which only seems like a pointless formality to reinforce his displeasure. I'm loving it.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I hope Glavine never throws another pitch...I also hope he goes into the Hall as a Met...he doesn't deserve to go in as a Brave...he's showing how selfish he really is.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
chuckbartowski said:
I hope Glavine never throws another pitch...I also hope he goes into the Hall as a Met...he doesn't deserve to go in as a Brave...he's showing how selfish he really is.

I doubt Met fans want him in as a Met either. :lol:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I don't care what Glavine does in this regard.

He has a legitimate beef with the braves front office. It is a crappy situation, and we as fans need to remember Glavine as he was and not what is going on now.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
chuckbartowski said:

Not really sure why Braves fans would feel like this, seems like he was at least mislead by the organization.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
chuckbartowski said:

Not really sure why Braves fans would feel like this, seems like he was at least mislead by the organization.

Some of us will never forgive him for going to the Mets...I'm one of them. I hope to never see him in a Braves uniform again in any fashion.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wish Glavine would retire.
He's killing his career era by trying to hang on.
It's already up to 3.54 lifetime, which doesn't show how truly great he was.
I know he was sticking around for 300 wins, but Glavine, hang up the spikes.
I hate it when hitters like Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle hang around too long and tank their career batting averages.
Greg Maddux stuck around a couple of years too long as well, which hurt his career era.
But back to the topic, I agree the Braves handled the situation poorly, but I understand why they released him.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I'm kind of amazed to hear some of these response's considering how the Braves did Glavine (wasn't the foundation of the Braves cutting Glavine about $$$?), I think he has a legitimate gripe. I know if the Astros did something like that to Oswalt (he is to the 'Stros ball club & fan's what Glavine/Maddux/Smoltz was/is to the Braves club & fan's) that the fans would be "boo-ing" the Astros lack of class & hoping that Oz got every penny of his claim! I can't say the Astros are any better in this regard though as they were idiot's & arsehole's in regards to the way they've handled past club legend's/fan-favorite's (Nolan Ryan & Jeff Bagwell just to name a couple)! I do hope Glavine the best & think that he's got a few more year's left in him! Heck, I hope the Astros would sign him! :D

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
phillyfan0417 said:
chuckbartowski said:

yeah thats what i thought too

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
chisox3706 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
chuckbartowski said:

yeah thats what i thought too

Me too, it's shocking to me that all of the Braves fans are siding with management. The reason Glavine went to the Mets in the first place was because the Braves organization was too cheap to pony up the kind of cash that would keep him around. It's almost as if this latest tenure in Atlanta was a dirty trick to get back at him.

Look at things from Glavine's perspective. He wanted to pitch and signs with Atlanta. Enters the season banged up, which Atlanta had to have been aware of, and finally gets to the point where he's ready to come back. They start him in Class A Rome and not only sells out the game (extra cash for the Bravos) but pitches 6 innings of 3-hit ball, allowing 0 runs. The next day, they cut him citing "performance concerns" when oh yeah, coincidentally he's due to cash in on a $1 million roster bonus.

I understand they're clearly concerned about saving the million (which is pennies given what he's meant for the organization but nevertheless, a million is a million), but why then cite performance issues? If management thought he could no longer pitch at the major league level, they had to have thought so prior to the rehab start as he clearly didn't hurt his cause. But hey, why not milk his status and use him to sell out an A ball game before we dump him?

In other words, I think Glavine's beef is with the way things went down as opposed to what actually happened. Definite slap in the face.

Members online

Latest posts