Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves need to drop Francouer to rookie ball and start over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
This guy is the hitting version of Carmona right now. He has killed the Braves today and has a .270 OBP this year with horrible slugging. Brandon Jones should start over him.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I can't believe someone would write a rumor involving the Red Sox and Francouer.
Obviously he isn't any improvement over Ortiz.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Francouer's entire legend, and resulting high card prices, was built on his incredible hitting immediately after his call-up in 2005 and Sports Illustrated cover and article proclaiming him the next Mickey Mantle.
Sure, he was a highly touted prospect and has a gun in the outfield, but he's been mostly a failure at the plate.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AKA Coastal said:
What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?
You really have a hard-on for Luke Scott, don't you? :lol:
He's having a great year, but he turns 31 in two weeks, so I don't know why some prospectors are pimping him so much.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Austin said:
AKA Coastal said:
What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?
He's having a great year, but he turns 31 in two weeks, so I don't know why some prospectors are pimping him so much.

I realize how old he is. I don't even own any of his cards. I get hard-on's for lots of players. Red Sox will be looking for a DH if Ortiz doesn't turn it around. Orioles might be looking to dump Scott if they are out of contention. Just making conversation. If a player gets hot I talk about them.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Buchholz or Masterson for Scott straight up. I'd be game for that.

AKA Coastal said:
Austin said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1s215za7]What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?

I realize how old he is. I don't even own any of his cards. I get hard-on's for lots of players. Red Sox will be looking for a DH if Ortiz doesn't turn it around. Orioles might be looking to dump Scott if they are out of contention. Just making conversation. If a player gets hot I talk about them.[/quote:1s215za7]

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AKA Coastal said:
Austin said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3bex1hxk]What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?
I realize how old he is. I don't even own any of his cards. I get hard-on's for lots of players. [/quote:3bex1hxk]
Got it.
I just assumed, since you're one of FCB's Pimpmaster Generals.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Austin said:
AKA Coastal said:
Austin said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2i2b8ji6]What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?
I realize how old he is. I don't even own any of his cards. I get hard-on's for lots of players.
Got it.
I just assumed, since you're one of FCB's Pimpmaster Generals.[/quote:2i2b8ji6]

I "pimp" pretty much anyone that is playing well. Not just my investments.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
mwashuc06 said:
This guy is the hitting version of Carmona right now. He has killed the Braves today and has a .270 OBP this year with horrible slugging. Brandon Jones should start over him.

He seems to be a headcase with a lot of potential talent.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
markakis8 said:
Buchholz or Masterson for Scott straight up. I'd be game for that.

AKA Coastal said:
Austin said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1jvfbe1l]What do you think of Red Sox trading some pitching for Luke Scott?

I realize how old he is. I don't even own any of his cards. I get hard-on's for lots of players. Red Sox will be looking for a DH if Ortiz doesn't turn it around. Orioles might be looking to dump Scott if they are out of contention. Just making conversation. If a player gets hot I talk about them.
[/quote:1jvfbe1l]
Or for Hank Blalock?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am surprised the Braves haven't offered Sallie Mae for Delmon Young just to get both players a chance to start over. Frenchy isn't going to sign an extension with the Braves and Young doesn't talk to anybody other then Span.

Members online

Latest posts