Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Funny card show ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyLaroche#1Fan

May 6, 2009
Im not telling you what I pulled here,,, Im telling you what happened when I tried to trade for a 2005 Topps Andre Ethier Black Refractor Auto. So I went up to this guy and said im interested in traded for the Ethier. He said show me what you got. I had a Jhoulys Chacin Gold Refractor, Jhoulys Chacin Xfractor, Freddie Freeman Xfractor, and a Mat Gamel Authentic Auto ball. He says he has never heard of any of these guys. Hahaha I just thought I should post because there is some "baseball collectors".

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
dodgerchromie said:
Maybe he isn't a prospector...I don't find that funny at all.

same here...i must say i havent heard of any of them except gamel, and if i wasnt a part of these boards i wouldnt even know who he is

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I would agree its not necessarily funny but rare. I would say that at the card show I occasionally set up at. the only name that would ring a bell out of those would be Mat Gamel because he plays for the Home Team Brewers.

But if it were a line-man on the practice squad of the Packers, Bears, or Vikings people could probably tell you where he went to school and how many sacks he gave up in his college career

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AndyLaroche#1Fan said:
I had a Jhoulys Chacin Gold Refractor, Jhoulys Chacin Xfractor, Freddie Freeman Xfractor, and a Mat Gamel Authentic Auto ball. He says he has never heard of any of these guys. Hahaha I just thought I should post because there is some "baseball collectors".
Why is this funny?
95% of baseball fans don't know who Jhoulys Chacin or Freddie Freeman is.
Only prospectors and really diehard minor league followers know them.
Dealers aren't required to know who the hot prospects are if they sell Major League cards, like the majority of dealers.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mredsox89 said:
If i wasn't on these boards I wouldn't know any prospects unless they played for the sox, went to Miami, or where elite prospects.
That goes word for word with me as well. Except I'd mean White Sox instead of Red.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
No, it's not really funny.

However, I'm not a prospector or diehard minor league follower, but I believe that you should be aware of at least the better prospects of the minors, because they are the future of the MLB.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I don't care who guys are until they break into the bigs.
I would much rather go after current or former players anyday.
Different stroke for different folks, that's what keeps the industry going I guess.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
Different stroke for different folks, that's what keeps the industry going I guess.

Fair enough, but I just can't imagine who not knowing who someone like Porcello is before they hit the bigs. Once they hit, you would just feel totally out of the loop it seems.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Skorris CCBC said:
goldenegg1 said:

Fair enough, but I just can't imagine who not knowing who someone like Porcello is before they hit the bigs. Once they hit, you would just feel totally out of the loop it seems.
Who is Porcello?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Card Magnet said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":8ojkasmh]
goldenegg1 said:

Who is Porcello?[/quote:8ojkasmh]
I should note that was sarcasm, just so I don't lose whatever respect I may have from anybody here.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
[quote="Card Magnet":2ulwky70][quote="Skorris CCBC":2ulwky70]
goldenegg1 said:

Who is Porcello?[/quote:2ulwky70]
I should note that was sarcasm, just so I don't lose whatever respect I may have from anybody here.[/quote:2ulwky70]

Oh I know. You're a funny guy. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts