Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

07 Chrome RC vs 08 Chrome Auto

07 Chrome RC vs 08 Chrome Auto

• 07 Chrome Rookie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
Which is the one to buy?

Sure the 2007 is the 'true' rc, but it seems like the auto has much greater room for growth in a player...

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Jordan Schafer was a prime example, his 08 chrome autos outsold his 05 chrome stuff by a wide margin.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
this topic seems to come up once in a while (and i've also asked this)

my opinions and thoughts have always been 08 bowman chrome over 07 bcdp but that's just me

dave

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
sheetskout said:
darocker80 said:
I prefer the First Bowman Chrome stamp on the card :)

Agreed. The first card issued is always my philosophy.

Especially with successive chrome releases.
Yup, bowman really screwed it up with 07 draft, i mean one thing to not get their autos when first drafted and to create a non-auto card, but then to make an auto card within a few months (08 bowman) ugh.

Would you rather have a josh vitters chrome or sterling?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
They aren't really on a level playing field. No doubt if both were autoed or not autoed it wouldn't even be a question. Realistically I think people just pay more for autos in general. Nothing more behind it than that.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I think the 07 Sterling Auto would be a better comparison for an 08 Chrome Auto. Most people are going to say 08 because it is an auto; you need to compare it to something more similar.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
nborton said:
They aren't really on a level playing field. No doubt if both were autoed or not autoed it wouldn't even be a question. Realistically I think people just pay more for autos in general. Nothing more behind it than that.
GAbballplayer148 said:
I think the 07 Sterling Auto would be a better comparison for an 08 Chrome Auto. Most people are going to say 08 because it is an auto; you need to compare it to something more similar.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you 2 are missing the point!

I believe what is being asked is what one would you rather have, a NON Auto '07 FY RC or a '08 Auto.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
matfanofold said:
nborton said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you 2 are missing the point!

I believe what is being asked is what one would you rather have, a NON Auto '07 FY RC or a '08 Auto.

If that's the case, then this is a stupid post. A non-auto base chrome, or an auto, tough choice ::facepalm::

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I guess it IS kind of strange to compare a non-auto card to an auto card. I mean, most people would take a 2009 Chipper Jones auto over his 1991 Topps RC, right? It is a completely unfair comparison.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think the question should be "Which makes a better investment"

And of course, the answer is that if a player gets hot, all of his cards will most likely increase in price/value appropriately.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Why don't Jesus Montero Non Auto Chrome cards sell for much?

I have his Red Refractor that I picked up for $100. I know that a Heyward or LaPorta Red would sell for much more.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I think if you're looking for short term sales, the 08 Auto. Long term that 08 auto will just be one of thousands of autos that player has on the market. Remember that they can make more autographs throughout and after the players career is over. There is only one issue that can be his rookie.

So, my vote.

07 Chrome Non-Auto

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jdacunha said:
Why don't Jesus Montero Non Auto Chrome cards sell for much?

I have his Red Refractor that I picked up for $100. I know that a Heyward or LaPorta Red would sell for much more.

If you have an first year chrome auto card and a first year non-auto chrome, the auto is the best card no matter what without discussion, even if the non-auto was released months earlier in a different product. That's why Heyward and LaPorta reds would sell for 400-800 and the Montero was only 100...because for the first two guys, that card is their ONLY first-year chrome...while Montero has a first year chrome and first year chrome auto.

Members online

Latest posts