Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I couldn't give this card away!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
So last year I pulled this card from a box of 2008 Topps Chrome. I had no idea who this guy was and for the last year have been trying to get rid of this. I had tried numerous times to sell this card for $5 but nobody would buy it. So I put it in a box and forgot about it.

So last weekend I decided that since he had gotten called up now was the time to find this card and move it. So I thought I would just put it up on Ebay and let it rid but first I would see if anyone here wanted it. I had two people ask me how much I wanted for it and I told them $17 DLVD, they turned it down and I put it on Ebay. I did an 7-day auction with a starting bid of .99 cents and a BIN of $25.

Here is what happened.

Needless to say I am VERY happy with the result! :D

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Lol, I remember you offered me that and like 3 other gus and autos for roughly 10 dlvd. I passed because I liked the look, but I figured it was a $2 card.

Congrats!

JG

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Crazy Topps collectors! ...oh wait, I have one almost like it too:
b46a0756.jpg

Very odd you weren't able to sell it for $5 before.

Reds in 2009 said:
So last year I pulled this card from a box of 2008 Topps Chrome. I had no idea who this guy was and for the last year have been trying to get rid of this. I had tried numerous times to sell this card for $5 but nobody would buy it. So I put it in a box and forgot about it.

So last weekend I decided that since he had gotten called up now was the time to find this card and move it. So I thought I would just put it up on Ebay and let it rid but first I would see if anyone here wanted it. I had two people ask me how much I wanted for it and I told them $17 DLVD, they turned it down and I put it on Ebay. I did an 7-day auction with a starting bid of .99 cents and a BIN of $25.

Here is what happened.

Needless to say I am VERY happy with the result! :D

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
trademhigh said:
Lol, I remember you offered me that and like 3 other gus and autos for roughly 10 dlvd. I passed because I liked the look, but I figured it was a $2 card.

Congrats!

JG

I offered this card to several people in various lots to get rid of it but nobody wanted it! :lol:

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I wanted it and you told me 12$....Aren't you glad I didn't take it off your hands?

Good sale!!!

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
ahill1 said:
I wanted it and you told me 12$....Aren't you glad I didn't take it off your hands?

Good sale!!!

Yeah, I am still shocked it went that high but I am not complaining!

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
It is funny how that works sometimes. I recall back in 2001 when I had pulled a Jose Reyes X-fractor out of Bowman Chrome and tried selling it multiple times just after Bowman Chrome released with starting prices in .99 range. Well I did the same type of thing when it didn't sell and put it in a box of inserts and forgot about it until one day that card started breaking triple digits. I was like Jose Reyes...that name sounds so familiar...then I remembered and laughed all the way tio the bank...ever since that day I've been more patient with the random prospect pulls and hope for the best. Glad to see you got more then you were expecting.

Carlos