Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you guys participate in my idea here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Could already exist. :?: :?

Make a database for Superfractors, Red Refreactors, ect. Low numbered cards. Autos, 1/1's that kind of jazz. Rare cuts, you get the idea

If you have one (or more) submit a scan and your email and the serial of the card. No personal info so there's no burglary/stalking for cards.

That way if you've been looking for a card for a few years and you never see it pop up, you can check the database and email an offer to the guy.

Could help getting around eBay too.

What say you? I think it's a good idea

Just need to find a computer nerd/hobbyist to do it now

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I'd participate, but you should allow email inquiries to the site and then the site manager can contact the owner...no reason to block transactions:)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah just thinking it out now.

needs to be safe from fraud and all of course.

I lost out on a superfractor the other day and it got me thinking that there needs to be a way to track down cards you'll probably never see again.

In a few years if a good % of the hobby submitted I think it would be an asset to the community

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It would also be a good way for people to receive offers they can not refuse. I mean, I always hope that somebody will see a card of mine they absolutely must have and offer me a buttload of money... it's just that it never happens. :(

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
That sounds like a good idea!

Speaking of rare cards that we may never see again. The Holland super is on ebay and of course, it caught me at a bad time and I don't have the $$$ for it. :( Oh well..won't stop me from getting a semi-full rainbow! Reg, ref, X, blue, gold, orange, red!

I'd like to know where it ends up, so if I could eventually pony up the cash for it, I would know who has it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
RL24 said:
It would also be a good way for people to receive offers they can not refuse. I mean, I always hope that somebody will see a card of mine they absolutely must have and offer me a buttload of money... it's just that it never happens. :(

Good point. And no one does because your nice rare cards aren't in a database :)

Would also be nice if Triple Threads and Exquisite were listed including specific numbers.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i have 1000's of gigs of server space, id be happy to host all the pics and assign them simple file names.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
boomo said:
i have 1000's of gigs of server space, id be happy to host all the pics and assign them simple file names.

Hmmmmmmm. This could happen. That's a big help right there. My buddy is going to start the site construction if we decide to do this.

Probably just start with bowman super's and red's; see how it goes then go from there

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
there was a site that tracked all the 1/1's from 2005 BDP and it was really cool.

But pretty rudimentary. If it's well done and updated constantly, I like the idea.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Great idea! May have to try and standardize the submission process though. Certain file size, type, etc for the scans, the more user friendly and easy it is to do, the more participation there will be. Count me in though, I'll start scanning away!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Codasco07 said:
I have a list of the recorded sales of 1/1s on eBay with about two years worth of data.

That's a handy piece!

I think my idea is more of finding them and being able to get in touch with the owner (or even eventually what exists and what hasn't been found yet) than tracking sales and prices and such

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts