Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gah....Promote Buster Posey Already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I do not understand why the Giants are just leaving him in High A ball, if his bat is MLB ready, bring him to AA or AAA...sheesh. he needs to be ready by next year, bengie is gone by then and i'd rather have sandoval at first.

10 Hr this season!

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
I was surprised he wasn't promoted with the others a while back, on MiLB it doesn't have him on a team though so it may be coming...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
boxbreaker44 said:
well he is in the ASG so at least till then.
Im assuming that's what they'll do. They probably wanted an all star and thought no one else would make it but posey so they kept him (well Roger made it :)). Maybe they'll bump him to AAA for the wasted time. But if he went to AA i wouldn't mind help racking up some wins for Alderson and Posey.

iphoner111

Aug 31, 2008
darocker80 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
well he is in the ASG so at least till then.
Im assuming that's what they'll do. They probably wanted an all star and thought no one else would make it but posey so they kept him (well Roger made it :)). Maybe they'll bump him to AAA for the wasted time. But if he went to AA i wouldn't mind help racking up some wins for Alderson and Posey.
Posey is a pitcher now :D

Jan 15, 2009
He is there so he can work on his catching skills and they aren't gonna promote him until he has at least 325 at bats in San Jose plus a certain amount of games caught I can't remember how many though.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
GiantsSuperCollector said:
He is there so he can work on his catching skills and they aren't gonna promote him until he has at least 325 at bats in San Jose plus a certain amount of games caught I can't remember how many though.
why not have him catch games for AAA where there are MLB caliber players?

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
darocker80 said:

There isn't much instruction that goes on at the AAA level. Most of the better instructors/coaches are at the lower levels.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ru4scuba said:
darocker80 said:

There isn't much instruction that goes on at the AAA level. Most of the better instructors/coaches are at the lower levels.
Ah i see. ok thanks for the help.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Did something happen with him? When you search him on milb.com, on the search results page there is no team listed...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
KandKCards said:
Did something happen with him? When you search him on milb.com, on the search results page there is no team listed...
i dunno lol that happened last year, is he not on the web site?

I usually check his stats on the cube or the latest on sj giants.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Give him time lol. There is no reason to rush a kid like this. If he is the SFG's future catcher you want to make sure he is ready. He should be a Sept. call-up or a mid-season call up to the bigs next year.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
lisu said:
I think Mr. Posey will be fine learning the game at High A. They have better options at catcher already at AA and AAA.

Better options at AA? Who?

.228 Jackson williams or Tyler LaTorre...haha
Both are in no way better options.

The last I've heard was he needs to work on his Defense..thats why he's still there.

Posey needs to learn at a higher level w/ tougher competition.

Members online

Latest posts