Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real Madrid ponies up $222 Mil to buy rights to....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

And they still have to pay those 2 a year salary.

Will this ever come to MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL???

Red Sox pay Giants $55Mil for rights to Tim Lincecum.... instead of waiting for contract to run out.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Its amazing some of the figures in Soccer. But that is cause of the transfer + salary. It is just like Japanese players coming to the MLB, so MLB has it, but I'd like to see it moved into the Majors, make owners either really sell ALL their players to make a profit, or really spend it to make a great team.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Kaka's style perfectly fits Spanish soccer, it should be fun to watch. With the two of them it'll be interesting to see if they can hop over Messi and Barca.

I'm also a huge fan of this because I hate Man U. Time for Gerrard to bring Liverpool to the top of the Premiership :D

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Kaka's style perfectly fits Spanish soccer, it should be fun to watch. With the two of them it'll be interesting to see if they can hop over Messi and Barca.

I'm also a huge fan of this because I hate Man U. Time for Gerrard to bring Liverpool to the top of the Premiership :D

The weird thing is I couldn't see Kaka getting into Barcelona's team on form right now - Ronaldo though is on a higher level - one that only Messi occupies. It does amaze me though that a team with debts in excess of $500 million can spend $220 million on two players!

Now if only Real could defend......

BTW - you've been thanked - big Liverpool fan here :D

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
martincp said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

The weird thing is I couldn't see Kaka getting into Barcelona's team on form right now - Ronaldo though is on a higher level - one that only Messi occupies. It does amaze me though that a team with debts in excess of $500 million can spend $220 million on two players!

Ummm....I'm lost.. :lol:

Anthony

RandomH

bigpapiMA32 said:

You got that right

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
aminors said:
martincp said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Anthony

Don't worry, so are about 300 million other Americans. :? :?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
bigpapiMA32 said:
aminors said:
martincp said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Anthony

Don't worry, so are about 300 million other Americans. :? :?

:lol: :lol:

Anthony

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
A bump for this lucky fellow :D

steven_gerrard-6670.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
i43770 said:
So they have purchased the rights to negotiate with the players. What happens if they can't complete a deal with them?

From what I understand the transfer fee isn't paid and things just revert back to normal. The player stays with his current team and isn't transferred and no money exchanges hands.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Weimer said:
i43770 said:
So they have purchased the rights to negotiate with the players. What happens if they can't complete a deal with them?

From what I understand the transfer fee isn't paid and things just revert back to normal. The player stays with his current team and isn't transferred and no money exchanges hands.

Correct - but usually once the teams agree the transfer fee the personal contract terms fall into place. In this case they are offering almost $16 million for the first season with a 25% increase per annum on a 6 year deal. This would be the highest contract in the world for a football (soccer) player.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
It doesn't matter where Christiano goes, he'll lose, and cry.

Kaka is so much better than Christiano

Members online