Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gotta give up the Victorino collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Due to recently losing my job and other reasons out of my control, I am forced to sell my Phillies and Shane Victorino collections. All of the cards will be put up on ebay in the next few days. I fugured that I would post and let everyone know this, just in case anyone wanted something from the collection. I will take offers on anything, so just check my photobucket link in my signature. Not all of the recently purchased Victorino cards are on photobucket yet, and include both 09 topps auto, 3 topps printing plates, 1 Topps sketch card, and two AC National 1/1's among other great cards.

If you want a card, even if it's already on ebay, I will be willing to pull it off ebay if we make a deal. That way I don't have to worry about ebay FVF's. I will be charging ebay going rate, though, and it will be hard to take me any lower than that. Any offers will be temporarily put on hold until the other Victorino collector gets back to me. Check out my ebay auctions: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/run-emover_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Please forgive me for the spamming, but I need as much help as I can get right now.

What's happening is this. I worked for a freight railroad out of Binghamton, NY. Management tried to have me fired due to other people complaining about my lack of attention. Two of my union representatives had sons who were diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and told me that I appeared to have it also. So I voluntarily went and had tests done. Meanwhile, the railroad fired me before the test results were revealed. A few days later, the test results came back showing that I had a high level of ADD.

Now I'm working with the union, with the help of the Amercan Disabilities Act, to get my job back. Even if I do get my job back, I will still be furloughed because of the current economy. Right now I have to pay for everything out of pocket including monthly doctor visits to get a prescription (methylphenidate is a controlled substance), my medication prescription, and the earlier psychologist visits to get the testing. Right now I am in deep financial trouble and I need to get rid of everything. I am not having any luck finding a job and unemployment is not enough.

Once again, I am very sorry for the long story and the spamming, but I need to something to keep my head above water.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Just remember your sig

Jeremiah 29:11- "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Yea, the American Disabilities Act should protect you. I would research and inquire with as many people who know the law as possible.

I wish you the best in your current situation and in your sales.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Hallsgator said:
Just remember your sig

Jeremiah 29:11- "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

Amen. Sometimes, that verse is the only thing keeping me going. All I need is Him. The rest is the gravy.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
beberly said:
Due to recently losing my job and other reasons out of my control, I am forced to sell my Phillies and Shane Victorino collections. All of the cards will be put up on ebay in the next few days. I fugured that I would post and let everyone know this, just in case anyone wanted something from the collection. I will take offers on anything, so just check my photobucket link in my signature. Not all of the recently purchased Victorino cards are on photobucket yet, and include both 09 topps auto, 3 topps printing plates, 1 Topps sketch card, and two AC National 1/1's among other great cards.

If you want a card, even if it's already on ebay, I will be willing to pull it off ebay if we make a deal. That way I don't have to worry about ebay FVF's. I will be charging ebay going rate, though, and it will be hard to take me any lower than that. Any offers will be temporarily put on hold until the other Victorino collector gets back to me. Check out my ebay auctions: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/run-emover_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Please forgive me for the spamming, but I need as much help as I can get right now.

What's happening is this. I worked for a freight railroad out of Binghamton, NY. Management tried to have me fired due to other people complaining about my lack of attention. Two of my union representatives had sons who were diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and told me that I appeared to have it also. So I voluntarily went and had tests done. Meanwhile, the railroad fired me before the test results were revealed. A few days later, the test results came back showing that I had a high level of ADD.

Now I'm working with the union, with the help of the Amercan Disabilities Act, to get my job back. Even if I do get my job back, I will still be furloughed because of the current economy. Right now I have to pay for everything out of pocket including monthly doctor visits to get a prescription (methylphenidate is a controlled substance), my medication prescription, and the earlier psychologist visits to get the testing. Right now I am in deep financial trouble and I need to get rid of everything. I am not having any luck finding a job and unemployment is not enough.

Once again, I am very sorry for the long story and the spamming, but I need to something to keep my head above water.

Shoot me a PM if you need any help working with the ADA.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything. I'm watching a few of your items to help you out a bit.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That has to suck but hopefully everything goes right for you.God never gives us more than we can handle so apparently you can handle this.

One thing you may want to try is going to your local shop and offering your cards up as kind of a pawn shop type deal.You basically might get more if you know the shop owner pretty good and they may hold your stuff for you.That way once you get back on your feet you can go back and buy all of them back and you don't have to lose anything.But if you can't come pick them back up then they have the ability to sell them.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
beberly said:
Hallsgator said:
Just remember your sig

Amen. Sometimes, that verse is the only thing keeping me going. All I need is Him. The rest is the gravy.

That's the verse my wife and I hang on to as well. Great one. I'll be praying for you. I'll check out the bucket as well as I love the Phillies.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Thanks for the kind words. Really, all I want to do is thank those of you who helped me find cards for my Victorino collection. I will not be leaving the boards, but will not be buying any cards for a long time. Besides my financial troubles, I also realized that the cards were becoming less of a hobby and more of an obsession. They were starting to get in the way of things that were more important. When that happens something needs to happen. Me losing my job several months ago started to put a strain on the bank account and that was the indicator to do something about it.

Once again, thank you very much for the kind words and I will still be lurking around and reading the "insight" that this board has to offer. Cgilmo, sorry for the direction that this thread started to take.

Utleyfan1

Aug 7, 2008
Hey man,
That's a real shame what happened. Look for a Pm from me and once you get back going with the collection let me know and I'll send you some stuff.
Thanks
Tom

Members online

Latest posts