Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ortiz vs CC...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
beefycheddar said:
Ortiz vs CC
That's a true heavyweight matchup.
What's that, about 500 combined pounds?
That's a lot of boom boom pow.

sabathia_booty.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Curtain Call! What a joke!

I'm surprised the fans in Boston didn't give him another ten minute standing ovation.

Must be Ortiz visited Manny and he gave him a little something to jump start his ovaries :lol:

Must be his "personal issues" have cleared up allowing him to hitthe baseball.

Ortiz is a joke.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Maybe you fans from other areas don't get it, the fans won't stop cheering until he comes out. He is by far the most beloved sports figure in Boston in my life time. Everyone around here has been crushed by his struggles. No one has booed him or disliked him, they've wanted to see him succeed. When he does, the place goes insane. That is why there is a curtain call. Not many players in MLB that can be that adored by a fan base, if there even is any others at all.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:
Remember the good old days when it was Boston fans that were the bitter ones? :lol:

Yeah, 10/27/2004 changed all that.

I love it. People really don't understand the love of Ortiz and it doesn't matter anyways! Without him there is no World Series Win(or 2).

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
timryan111 said:
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:
Remember the good old days when it was Boston fans that were the bitter ones? :lol:

I love it. People really don't understand the love of Ortiz and it doesn't matter anyways! Without him there is no World Series Win(or 2).

He is mentioned in the same breath as Orr, Bird, and Brady as far as every single person in the state loving him. My great grandmother wouldn't know who Ted Williams was even though she lived through his career, but she stands up and yells "Go Papi!!!" at her little TV in the kitchen.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:

He is mentioned in the same breath as Orr, Bird, and Brady as far as every single person in the state loving him. My great grandmother wouldn't know who Ted Williams was even though she lived through his career, but she stands up and yells "Go Papi!!!" at her little TV in the kitchen.

Instead of buying superfractors, maybe you should get grandma an upgrade.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:
beefycheddar said:
timryan111 said:

Instead of buying superfractors, maybe you should get grandma an upgrade.

Big TV's scare her. My TV is literally 4 inches shorter than her.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
yankeeshater said:
scotty21690 said:
Nice catch, Damon.

::facepalm::

Nice hustle, Papi.
I'm pretty sure any player would have assumed it was the last out, as it was a routine catch.

Not like it would have mattered anyways even if he was on 2nd...

Manny would have only made it to first because of Damon's arm on that!

Members online

Latest posts