Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buster Posey Razor Metals listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Now, which seems more likely -- Brian deliberately making them more shortprinted, or the majority of the original print run was damaged, and so he had to dispose of them?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Jaypers said:
Now, which seems more likely -- Brian deliberately making them more shortprinted, or the majority of the original print run was damaged, and so he had to dispose of them?

a little bit of both

but i wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to short print a few

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Roughly the same price as Bowman chrome.... hard decision here. Go with the King in Giants jersey.... or the other version in college jersey?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I haven't been following these. Have the other guys base metal auto's been selling out?

Nope, only two base metals have sold out that I am aware of. Vance Worley (@ $3.50 ea) and Justin Smoak (@ $15 each) everyone else is still up.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
As stated above, I see it very hard for him to sell at the same price as his bc auto.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
arod305 said:
As stated above, I see it very hard for him to sell at the same price as his bc auto.

Especially when one has been out, what, 8 months longer than the other "2008"? I know, it gets talked about a lot, but the whole 2008 thing is still a tough pill to swallow.

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
on buster posey:
2500 bowman chrome autos made vs. 77 metal base autos made
Just because the majority moves one direction doesnt mean the majority is right... ask any bookie.
FYI, it is short printed as our contract with Buster ran out of signatures.
I will however double check pricing with Adam as it does seem a touch high....
BG

* as a side note, we will be beginning to remove older metals from ebay in the next week or so as we prepare for an exciting future unopened product for August (a surprise for the cleveland national?????)....

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
due to the emails of many of our customers, we have recognized an error in the price of the buster posey.. we have lowered the metal to $27.50 per card (from $35).... (we will reduce price to the one buyer already purchasing)...

We appreciate your emails as we did indeed slightly misprice...
Thanks for all the support...
BG

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
$27.50 is still too high.

$14-15 per might be a better price.

Chrome will always be king.... will be interesting to see how these fare in the long run. Not many players have Chrome and Metal autos.

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
P_Manning 18 said:
$27.50 is still too high.

$14-15 per might be a better price.

Chrome will always be king.... will be interesting to see how these fare in the long run. Not many players have Chrome and Metal autos.

Everyone has an opinion... I wish $15-15 was a relaity... I will tell you that I would pay $17-18 per for up to 1000 signatures if possible, but its not.. I have to pay MUCH MORE than that... anyways, enjoy.. BG

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
bcg said:
on buster posey:
Just because the majority moves one direction doesnt mean the majority is right... ask any bookie.
BG

* as a side note, we will be beginning to remove older metals from ebay in the next week or so as we prepare for an exciting future unopened product for August (a surprise for the cleveland national?????)....

Razor Metal Wax!!!

Wes

OG
Administrator
ThoseBackPages said:
bcg said:
on buster posey:
BG

Razor Metal Wax!!!

It would have to include a number of new stuff - otherwise the majority of the hits would be gone.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
ThoseBackPages said:
bcg said:
on buster posey:
BG

Razor Metal Wax!!!

I would only be a fan if it was a completely new product, such as with next years crop of players. Price would have to be great for me to buy packs with cards that were already released not in packs.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
P_Manning 18 said:
New from Razor.

2008 Razor Metal Signature Series.

Due to release Nov 11th.

I haven't had a real problem with calling the metal series an 08 product because they started being released in early 09. But releasing a pack product in november of 09 and calling it 08 is too far. I like that Razor realized the metal product would be much better packed out, but i wish they would just start with a new product. Hopefully Brian is able to add new players to act as the hits because most of the big guys have already been sold.

Edit: This is assuming the prior post isn't a hypothetical

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
All I can tell you is that I can promise you that the item we will release will be VERY appealing (with something VERY special in every box) and will introduce something EVERY manufacturer should do for its collectors going forward.

Hint:
It will NOT be called 2008 Razor Metal.... Think of it as more of an item like a Donruss Black Box.

An announcement should be upcoming in the next 2 weeks.
BG

* in addition, we will have wrapper redemptions for NEVER RELEASED cards and upcoming product promo sets at the National as well!...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bcg said:
All I can tell you is that I can promise you that the item we will release will be VERY appealing (with something VERY special in every box) and will introduce something EVERY manufacturer should do for its collectors going forward.

Hint:
It will NOT be called 2008 Razor Metal.... Think of it as more of a Donurss Black Box.

An announcement should be upcoming in the next 2 weeks.
BG

That makes it cool with me, lol. I can't wait. Hopefully it will be in my price range

Members online

No members online now.