Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First "Family Emergency" ebay buyer-opinions needed-poll add

What should I do?

• File a NPB and get my fees back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
So after years of selling i finally had the first person tell me they couldn't pay right now due to a family emergency. Here is the auction the situation revolves around.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=370204000037

Buyer submitted an offer and I accepted 5 minutes after it was sent. Buyer says he can't come up with the funds but will have the money to pay for the auction on July 1st. I hadn't gotten any offers over $25 aside from his so im tempted to just wait it out but i figured i would look for opinions on here.

Mike

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
It's $40. If his "family emergency" necessitates an extra $40 that he can no longer plunk down for cards, he shouldn't be buying cards in the first place and his family is in trouble. Total BS, file the NPB.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JEA2880 said:
It's $40. If his "family emergency" necessitates an extra $40 that he can no longer plunk down for cards, he shouldn't be buying cards in the first place and his family is in trouble. Total BS, file the NPB.

Yea, see at first i thought it was complete BS, but why even say you will pay in 2.5 weeks? Its not like my option to file a NPB goes away or anything.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
If your happy with the price wait for the payment. File the non payer dispute 6-24-09 and NICELY explain in the note section of the dispute that he has 7 days(which falls on 7-2-09) to pay as per his email. That way if he doesnt pay on the 1st you can just give a strike on the 2nd and relist. Maybe I'm just to patient but if you think you got a good price why not wait.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's hard to believe that a family emergency occurred right after he sent an offer. The guy probably didn't have the funds in the first place.

Tough call. I'd say just agree to part ways and relist.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Card Magnet said:
It's hard to believe that a family emergency occurred right after he sent an offer. The guy probably didn't have the funds in the first place.

Tough call. I'd say just agree to part ways and relist.

Gotta agree here.

I think he regretted the offer the minute he made it, but didn't go back right away to rescind his offer.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Wait untill 7/1 then proceed , give the guy untill then to pay
and if he doesn't then file.
I have been there maybe the guys
wife saw the auction and said no way. I have walked around on egg shells
waiting for some stupid " I shipped your auction wins" email that my wife sees
many times ::facepalm::

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
i think the emergency is bs too, as how many emergencys can be resolved with $40, but you never know, which is why i say to ask for a $10 deposit.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I had a similar thing happen about 3 weeks ago. Mine was an auction, the winning price was $61 and after a few days the winner said he can't pay until June 15th (which at the time was 2 weeks later). I agreed to wait. No biggie for me, if he pays great, if he doesn't I still can file NPB. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what the outcome is. I'd say wait no skin off your back if he doesn't pay, just a couple weeks.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
jarcar said:
I had a similar thing happen about 3 weeks ago. Mine was an auction, the winning price was $61 and after a few days the winner said he can't pay until June 15th (which at the time was 2 weeks later). I agreed to wait. No biggie for me, if he pays great, if he doesn't I still can file NPB. I guess I'll find out tomorrow what the outcome is. I'd say wait no skin off your back if he doesn't pay, just a couple weeks.

Make sure to update us, I'm curious to see if he comes through.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:

I received payment today with a thank you and an apology. All's good.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
jarcar said:
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:

Encouraging and great for your sake!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:

I sent the buyer an email an hour ago saying i'll be waiting for his payment. Can't hurt.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
mredsox89 said:
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:
JEA2880 said:
jarcar said:

I sent the buyer an email an hour ago saying i'll be waiting for his payment. Can't hurt.

That is what I thought when I decided to wait... Worst thing that happens is you have to wait a couple weeks to file a NPB.

Members online

Latest posts