Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blocked by eBay seller (I recently bought from him too!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I went to bid on a card, but when i placed my bid, I was informed that the seller has me blocked. I am stumped as I do not recall ever having any dealings or conversations with this user. Also, my feedback rating is 768 and I have NEVER received a negative or neutral feedback.....EVER.

I have contacted the seller to see why I was blocked and am just waiting for his response. Has anyone else ever had this happen and not know why?

***EDIT***

i thought the name looked familiar, so i searched all of the auctions i have bid on and noticed the seller is someone whom i recently bought from! now i really am stumped as to what the hell is going on!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0422270497

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Re: Wow, I have been blocked by a seller on eBay

I was blocked by a guy that normally has some nice Astros stuff. I went to bid on an item and it told me I was blocked and I asked him why because he was one of my favorite sellers.

He told me that he was tired of me buying stuff from him and then selling it for more a month later.

After a friendly exchange of emails I bought like $300 worth of Astros stuff from him.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

trevordchi said:
I was blocked by a guy that normally has some nice Astros stuff. I went to bid on an item and it told me I was blocked and I asked him why because he was one of my favorite sellers.

He told me that he was tired of me buying stuff from him and then selling it for more a month later.

After a friendly exchange of emails I bought like $300 worth of Astros stuff from him.

Did you flip those too? :lol:

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

trevordchi-interestingly enough, this was for a nice astro's auto/patch. LOL

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

trademhigh said:
trevordchi said:

Gotta keep flipping or the collection gets stagnant!

The wife won't let me spend money on cards so if I want stuff I gotta sell stuff.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

rob167 said:
trevordchi-interestingly enough, this was for a nice astro's auto/patch. LOL

I'm watching a certain patch/auto. Send me a PM with the card and I'll make sure to stay away.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

trevordchi said:
trademhigh said:
trevordchi said:

The wife won't let me spend money on cards so if I want stuff I gotta sell stuff.

sounds like you need to reinforce your pimp hand

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

cgilmo said:
trevordchi said:
trademhigh said:
trevordchi said:

She's my sugar momma for now so since she makes all the money she can tell me what not to buy! ;)

When I've got my salary coming in the pimp hand will be back in full force.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

trevordchi-that's okay, you can have it........i'm blocked. LOL

i'll send you the link via pm.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

cgilmo said:
trevordchi said:
trademhigh said:
trevordchi said:

Just always remember to use

baby%20powder.jpg

and

PimpHatSugarDaddyPurpleMd.jpg

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

One day when I was bored I googled my ID and my name came up on the blowoutcards forum. It was in a thread about who was on their blocked bidder lists. For some reason a few people had me on theirs. The only reason I could think of is maybe through the years of buying on ebay there have been a few times when I didn't receive a item and filed a chargeback. Of those few times I have been called a few choice words and threatened. A possibility, I mean look at all the "block this bidder" posts we have here.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

I had that happen to me a couple years ago. I emailed the seller and asked him why i was on his blocked bidder list, he said that he had no idea why and reinstated me.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

trevordchi said:

What? Are you kidding me? Wow, what an excuse that is. If anything, maybe he should have contacted you to get some tips on how to sell his stuff for more.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Rickzcards said:
One day when I was bored I googled my ID and my name came up on the blowoutcards forum. It was in a thread about who was on their blocked bidder lists. For some reason a few people had me on theirs. The only reason I could think of is maybe through the years of buying on ebay there have been a few times when I didn't receive a item and filed a chargeback. Of those few times I have been called a few choice words and threatened. A possibility, I mean look at all the "block this bidder" posts we have here.

This is what I was thinking.While I have never been blocked to my knowledge I think its mostly because the few sellers I have problems with are people who I never deal with again.So my main thought would be if I was ever blocked by a guy I haven't dealt with then it was due to word of mouth and word of mouth only.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008

Happened to me with this guy on ebay selling a Carlos Pena 1999 Chrome Gold Refractor, and the reason he told me I was blocked is because I gave 2 offers on the price that he said insulted him

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

i completed a similar search earlier and came up empty-handed. also, as far as word of mouth, 99.99% of the time, i pay immediately after winning an auction. very seldom (can't remember any time) have i ever paid the following day or later. also, i have only listed less than 10 items in the last 5 years, so i doubt it is from selling either. LOL

i am still waiting on a response, but not holding my breath that i will receive one.

rob

predatorkj said:
Rickzcards said:

This is what I was thinking.While I have never been blocked to my knowledge I think its mostly because the few sellers I have problems with are people who I never deal with again.So my main thought would be if I was ever blocked by a guy I haven't dealt with then it was due to word of mouth and word of mouth only.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

rob167 said:
i completed a similar search earlier and came up empty-handed. also, as far as word of mouth, 99.99% of the time, i pay immediately after winning an auction. very seldom (can't remember any time) have i ever paid the following day or later. also, i have only listed less than 10 items in the last 5 years, so i doubt it is from selling either. LOL

i am still waiting on a response, but not holding my breath that i will receive one.

rob

predatorkj said:
Rickzcards said:

I always try to pay on time but I certainly hope nobody is dragging my name through the mud if I do decide to utilize the things I can to my advantage.If I win a card and have to wait 7 days to pay(which I never try to do but have before) then I hope nobody is that upset.I mean...I should be allowed to take the time I am given without repurcussions right?

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

predatorkj-i agree completely and 100% with you. i always pay immediately because i am getting older and don't want to forget. LOL

i don't even care if this seller keeps me blocked, i just want to know why.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

It's tearing you up inside, isn't Rob? :^)

Nice seein' ya again today. How was the show for ya?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts