Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I know it's early but early predictions for NL MVP??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Even though he strikes out way to much Mark Reynolds has to be in this conversation right now. He has better numbers than Fielder, Braun and Wright. Utley and Adrian Ginzalez also have better numbers than Braun and Fielder.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Pujols is so far ahead that if he doesn't get hurt nobody else will be close. Wright is doing great for average but terrible power-wise.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
aw00d05 said:
Pujols is so far ahead that if he doesn't get hurt nobody else will be close. Wright is doing great for average but terrible power-wise.

Ibanez has numbers identical to Pujols. He's not that far ahead.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:

And he's missed how many games??

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:

That doesn't matter. His numbers are almost identical to Pujols. That was my only point.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I can honestly say if I was voting I would never consider Raul Ibanez just because of where he plays.....

Right now I would voto Pujols

Shep :ugeek:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Right now, I can't see it being anybody besides Albert. Am I missing anyone?? Who else is having a MVP type season in the NL?

Ibanez (still can't get over he's in this subject)
Wright
Beltran
Prince
Braun

Who else ??

i really dont even think the bottom four are in the discussion

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Albert Pujols, no doubt. The Cardinals offense tailed off after a hot start, but Albert continues to produce and carry the team, even though he has no protection. It'll take a big dropoff by Albert, or a historic second half by someone else for him to not win it.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:

That doesn't matter. His numbers are almost identical to Pujols. That was my only point.

Protected by one of the most amazing lineups in baseball.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:

What are you talking about? Seriously?

He's not protected his protecting!

He's batting 5th, and has all year.

Being protected is batting between Utley and Howard.

He's batting after Howard protecting him and batting before Werth/Victorino/slumping Rollins/Feliz

Protected my arse.

IMO, the MVP is not an award given out to a future hall of famer because he's having a (another) great year like Pujols. Pujols is a better player, no dispute.

Without Ibanez, the Phillies would not be at the top of the NL east. He has had great power and that has seemed to always come in clutch situations. THAT, makes him the most valuable player to a team in the National League, the NL MVP.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Lancemountain said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="aw00d05":2vlzw1z3]Pujols is so far ahead that if he doesn't get hurt nobody else will be close. Wright is doing great for average but terrible power-wise.

He's batting after Howard protecting him and batting before Werth/Victorino/slumping Rollins/Feliz

Protected my arse.

IMO, the MVP is not an award given out to a future hall of famer because he's having a (another) great year like Pujols. Pujols is a better player, no dispute.

Without Ibanez, the Phillies would not be at the top of the NL east. He has had great power and that has seemed to always come in clutch situations. THAT, makes him the most valuable player to a team in the National League, the NL MVP.[/quote:2vlzw1z3]

I've only known american league baseball, but I fail to find a false statement in the above post. If he was being protected he'd be in the 3 or 4th spot. Instead he's protecting the cleanup hitter which marks no protection on his part in my book.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:

Provided they stay healthy, it will be one of the two...coincidentally...both are on my fantasy team.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
yeah right now its a close race, i just dont see ibanez keeping up these numbers and i see pujols raising his average in the second half of the season

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Lancemountain said:
kdailey4315 said:
aw00d05 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="aw00d05":387dyqpe]Pujols is so far ahead that if he doesn't get hurt nobody else will be close. Wright is doing great for average but terrible power-wise.

Protected my arse.

Without Ibanez, the Phillies would not be at the top of the NL east. He has had great power and that has seemed to always come in clutch situations. THAT, makes him the most valuable player to a team in the National League, the NL MVP.[/quote:387dyqpe]

Would the Cardinals be competing for 1st place without Pujols? Without Pujols, the Cardinals are trash, without Ibanez the Phillies are the defending World Series champions, minus Burrell.

Members online

Latest posts