Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$810 for an Ike Davis Super auto? Wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
One of these days Id like to see someone throw out a completely off the wall amount at a Super and see just how high he is willing to go to obtain one of these cards.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
P_Manning 18 said:
One of these days Id like to see someone throw out a completely off the wall amount at a Super and see just how high he is willing to go to obtain one of these cards.

When he wants a card, his bid is usually so much more than anyone expects the card to go for. If Wossa wants a card, he gets a card.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jdacunha said:
didnt even realize he bough it....he has my Montero Super!!@!!!

Anyone know how to contact him?

He pretty much refuses to move any card that he purchased. He has 2 1/1's that i need but i'll never get them

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

He pretty much refuses to move any card that he purchased. He has 2 1/1's that i need but i'll never get them

I am guessing he is loaded? What is the point of buying all these cards if you don't ever sell them? I am see having a few PC cards but, keeping all of them? He is losing tons of $

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
jdacunha said:
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

I am guessing he is loaded? What is the point of buying all these cards if you don't ever sell them? I am see having a few PC cards but, keeping all of them? He is losing tons of $

Ah, sad times... the epitome of the modern day collector.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Does anyone have a feeling that these 2 cards were shilled. I know Wossa is going to outbid anyone but on the Davis it went from $450 to $800 like that

IT IS MY OPINION. that these were helped along somehow

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
He does have 4 HR in his last 10 games, possibly he's showing why he was a 1st round pick after not hitting a HR in 30+ games last year.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Exposfan said:
Does anyone have a feeling that these 2 cards were shilled. I know Wossa is going to outbid anyone but on the Davis it went from $450 to $800 like that

I noticed that too and couldn't help to think that.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

Some people COLLECT and dont care about the investment in the card.
I know for some prospectors this is a hard concept accept. ::facepalm::

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

I dont understand his motives/philosphy either.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
aw00d05 said:
Exposfan said:

I noticed that too and couldn't help to think that.

well when shilling happens to him, im all for it. less funds for him to spend on other cards

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Exposfan said:

Well Wossa didn't win the Holland super, and I am the one who bid it up at the end so it was not shilled. I am not sure about the Davis though.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
arod305 said:
jdacunha said:
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

I dont understand his motives/philosphy either.

what dont you understand about a guy who buys cards to keep them??

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
Mark aka woss is a superfractor ( one of a kind) in his own right so its only fitting he has every superfractor ever made lol

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
southeastjerome said:
Mark aka woss is a superfractor ( one of a kind) in his own right so its only fitting he has every superfractor ever made lol

well i just bought the Betances Super....I will gladly sell it to him for 2x what I paid. If Holland and Davis for $800+ betances should go over $1k

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
jdacunha said:
mredsox89 said:
jdacunha said:

Wow :(

Members online