Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you handle this moronic ebayer? part Deux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Bought a card that was in the title as gem mint and in the description as pristine.

I get the card, which is an xfractor, and it has a huge line through it (2007 chrome).

I contact the seller asking him what we can do, he says to return it no problem he didn't notice it and he apologizes.

I sent the card on the June 3rd and it shows it was delivered on the 6th. It is now the 16th. Ironically I am out of the 45 day paypal dispute window. This seller has 9000+ feedback and no negatives this month.....I have sent two emails over the weekend to two different emails (Ebay and the paypal one) and nothing. The card was $60. I really don't want to leave a negative since the guy has been reasonable to this point but I need to do something.....any advice?

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
if i were you i would quit buying on ebay. every week you have a post or two about problems your having. seems to me that you might look in the mirror to solve most of them. every seller on ebay can't be that bad.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
chashawk said:
From the amount of posted problems you seem to keep
having, I would say quit using eBay :lol:

Nah, the other $5000+ this year have been fine actually.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
mburgin said:
if i were you i would quit buying on ebay. every week you have a post or two about problems your having. seems to me that you might look in the mirror to solve most of them. every seller on ebay can't be that bad.

QFT

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Just cause he says it is Gem Mint or Pristine does not mean that it isn't. He isn't a grader, and to him the card is what he calls it. Don't expect Raw cards to be graded Gem or Pristine.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Philip J. Fry said:
Alright, I'll ask...

How in the world is it possible that you're out of the 45 day window? Slow shipper?

It has been sitting on his desk at his house for 10 days now alone. the 45 starts after the auction ended, I paid a few days later took awhile to get here...and then was out of the country, came back and then was going to submit a bgs order then I noticed it for the first time, the seller was totally cool though and apologized and said he would refund me. I guess he meant steal from me :(

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Johan Santana 57 said:
Just cause he says it is Gem Mint or Pristine does not mean that it isn't. He isn't a grader, and to him the card is what he calls it. Don't expect Raw cards to be graded Gem or Pristine.

I am not an idiot. I realize that. Nor do I hold people accountable. I would never leave someone a neutral or a negative for telling me the card is perfect and it isnt. Received a $60 2006 chrome auto just yesterday....the guy said it is in great shape and should grade well.......the card looks like it was rolled down a hill on its corners, not one is sharp front or back. I left him positive feedback.

Now that we got that out of the way, any advice people?

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Request contact information via Ebay and give him/her a call. Ebay will forward you this information as long as there's a transaction with the seller.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
mburgin said:

+1

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
[b said:
bigpops65[/b]]
mburgin said:
if i were you i would quit buying on ebay. every week you have a post or twoabout problems your having. seems to me that you might look in the mirror to solve most of them. every seller on ebay can't be that bad.

+1

Thank you from the peanut gallery who has no clue what they are talking about. This is my first problem like this ever on ebay. Glad you are paying attention. Anyways.....

Ok here is the latest......I finally left the seller negative feedback explaining how he stole from me and was dishonest......within an hour I received an apology and my money back.......I revised the feedback and left him positive. I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that, but I gave him 10 days after the package arrived at his house to respond to me.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
i think a lot of people are misinterpreting the problem as the xfractor line rather than the return of the card without a refund. i think your actions were fine in this situation.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
EricInCT said:
Bought a card that was in the title as gem mint and in the description as pristine.

I get the card, which is an xfractor, and it has a huge line through it (2007 chrome).

I contact the seller asking him what we can do, he says to return it no problem he didn't notice it and he apologizes.

I sent the card on the June 3rd and it shows it was delivered on the 6th. It is now the 16th. Ironically I am out of the 45 day paypal dispute window. This seller has 9000+ feedback and no negatives this month.....I have sent two emails over the weekend to two different emails (Ebay and the paypal one) and nothing. The card was $60. I really don't want to leave a negative since the guy has been reasonable to this point but I need to do something.....any advice?

over9000.jpg

Members online

Latest posts