Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Questions about DAV cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I've finally tracked down a DAV card of my player, and now I have some questions about these cards.

Are these sets produced every year?
How are they distributed?
How limited are the cards?

Thanks to anyone that can help with this information or anything else on these cards. I'd love to see scans if any other player collectors have them.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
ru4scuba said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

They're usually stadium give away cards.

Thanks. That kind of answers my other question about how limited they are. I found it strange that the 2006 Hanley has never shown up on ebay, and now someone wants $11 dlvd for the first 2007 I've seen. If they are SGA's I would think they wouldn't be all that limited and $11 dlvd might be a bit much for the card.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Tomlinson21RB said:
ru4scuba said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

Thanks. That kind of answers my other question about how limited they are. I found it strange that the 2006 Hanley has never shown up on ebay, and now someone wants $11 dlvd for the first 2007 I've seen. If they are SGA's I would think they wouldn't be all that limited and $11 dlvd might be a bit much for the card.

They're probably not that limited, but finding some in good condition might be tough since a lot of them end up in non-collector hands or are tossed.

Frow

ru4scuba said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
ru4scuba said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

They're probably not that limited, but finding some in good condition might be tough since a lot of them end up in non-collector hands or are tossed.

That and while they are SGA's they are not at every stadium.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
Tomlinson21RB said:
I've finally tracked down a DAV card of my player, and now I have some questions about these cards.

Thanks to anyone that can help with this information or anything else on these cards. I'd love to see scans if any other player collectors have them.

Pm sent

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
There pretty limited. The usually print run is anywhere between 200-500. 3 times less then the print run of a minor league set for most teams. I am still trying to track down a 09 Huntsville DAV set.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Tomlinson21RB said:

They have been produced at least since 2005, possibly earlier. Below are examples from 2005 to 2008.

This year, the Rays gave out cards to the first 10,000 fans aged 14 and under. I would imagine that other teams and years are very similar, if not the same. Keep in mind, however, that many will be thrown away of left at the ballpark, and, as they are given to children, less are apt to wind up for sale.

19braves77, there may be fewer released for minor league teams, which wouldn't be all that surprising given that minor league teams have fewer fans show up than at major league parks.

I checked the Marlins promotional schedule, but as I didn't see any mention of it for them, Ramirez probably was not issued this year.

05-3.jpg06-37.jpg07-2.jpg08-1.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
They are extremely rare and a pain for hardcore player collectors. I have only seen one 2005 and 2008 in a long time.
And 2006 (like this image) I've seen like 3.

JorgeCantu2006DAV.jpg

Members online

Latest posts