Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you bid $122 on a $100 bill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Well...I guess if you leave it sealed it could have slightly more value and I guess you will always have a $100 bill if you need the money..... ::facepalm::

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
It's in a card...that changes everything. It's no different than other things you can buy cheaper if not encapsulated. Woolly Mammoth hair? Lincoln or Washington locks? It's all driven by the ability to complete a set or a collection.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
No different than a cut auto in a card that sells for many times what it would get on the postcard it was cut from. In the card it's a collectible, which just happens to have some intrinsic value. I can see it selling pretty well as it's an idea they only tried once, it's a pretty cool concept (albeit a little strange) and at only /50 is a tough find.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
would you bid $28 and change on a $25 itunes gift card?

look at completed listing for itunes in gift certs. happens a ton

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Skorris CCBC said:
chashawk said:
jeff550 said:

Am I missing something there? :lol:

Don't think so.

You could sell the eBay GC for $101, and now you'd have $101 paypal to do whatever you want with, not just to spend on eBay.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the people selling gift cards just charge a ton to a credit card, then resell them to get paypal, then they default on the credit card. There has to be some reason to sell gift cards at a loss after fees

Members online

Latest posts