Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

POLL - Sandy Koufax Rookie - how do you think it will grade?

What grade?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Re: Sandy Koufax Rookie - how do you think it will grade?

cool
one vote 6
2 votes 6.5
4 votes 7
1 vote 8
1 vote less than 5

and 9 votes Trimmed or altered, which I am sure is Not the case, and if so I will just return for refund...would be VERY HAPPY with high end 7.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Tip touches guarantees no 8, but the 1/4 size scan looks really nice. I'll be very interested to see the results.

A_Pharis

No fading? No creasing? Top looks like it has some shave residue, but maybe because I just can't see it that well.

I put altered/trimmed, because it looks just way too good to not already be in a slab. That card's paper's age, alone, makes me think it should be lighter unless it was kept in complete dakrness without being touched by the oil on fingers since it was in the pack.
I hope it's real, but I'd honestly be shocked.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a PSA 6 for reference. If your card is legit then it looks to grade much higher than mine.

123KoufaxSandy1955ToppsA.jpg
123KoufaxSandy1955ToppsB.jpg

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I guess with their 7 day return policy you can't go wrong. I would make sure it is 7 days from when you receive it. Looking at there feedback they have sold a ton of older cards that everybody seems to be happy with.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
It goes without saying that I hope it's not altered. If it isn't (and there are no wrinkles, dings or paper loss) I would guess a PSA 7.5.

But the reason I think it may be trimmed, besides the obvious fact that such a sharp looking Koufax RC is not graded, is the fact that the l/r borders appear a bit thin and also look to both taper smaller as you go from bottom to top. Untrimmed cards with a bit of a tilt will get bigger on one side and smaller on the other side from corner to corner. This card appears to have converging borders, if you understand what I mean.

It could be the picture and it's clearly hard to tell at the upper right corner, but that's just how it looks to me.

Here's a 1955 PSA 8 of mine for some comparison:

HA-1955.jpg

Members online

Latest posts