Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone identify this Hank Aaron card for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I contacted someone about a Hank Aaron card that they had, and this was the picture that He sent me. (below). He said that "it is a Topps card, the year is 2000, and it says 22 of 23 on it" I was wondering if anyone had any other information on it. He says it's auto'd but it's really hard to tell from the picture. Anyone know if there is any Hank Aaron autos from any 2000 Topps set that are numbered to 23? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zaaronauto.jpg

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
That's a facsimile auto (based on the 1975 Topps set, right?)--maybe from a Topps All Time Fan Favorites set? Although I thought that started in 2001, not 2000.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Yes, there is a 2000 Topps Hank Aaron Insert Set where they basically reprinted each of his topps card starting from his RC Year to the last year....Nolan Ryan had this in 1999, Mickey Mantle in 1996 are 2 other examples.

Each card had a certain number of Autograph versions...like 100 or something per card. I dont have a Beckett in front of me or I would give you more info, but recently there has been quite a few showing up on ebay, so do a completed search for 2000 Topps Hank Aaron Auto* and you will see some more examples.....

Judging from the pic though, that does not appear to be one...it appears to be a base cards from a Topps Archives set...

TK

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
yeah that is a facsmile and it is the 22 card of a 23 card reprint set, i once had them all and sold them

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Thanks for all the quick help guys. I did some more research, and it does appear to be a facsimilie auto. Thought I might get a good deal. Oh well.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
My follow up question is this....

Is this guy really uninformed about the cards he has or is he trying to pull a fast one on you by pawning off a facsimile AUTO as the real thing????

TK

A_Pharis

Some people honestly don't look close enough to tell the difference between facsimilie and the real deal. I wouldn't say he's pulling a fast one as much as he's probably your everyday guy who picked it up withou tgetting information on it.

Members online

Latest posts