Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else sick of Red Sox home games....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
because it means Dennis Eckersley commentates on NESN? Jeez, that man is ANNOYING. If I hear him call a fastball "cheese" one more time I'm going to vomit.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bigpapiMA32 said:
because it means Dennis Eckersley commentates on NESN? Jeez, that man is ANNOYING. If I hear him call a fastball "cheese" one more time I'm going to vomit.

Yea, i can't stand him. Roberts is fine, he continues to get better but Eckersley isn't in my opinion. Hopefully Remy is closing in on returning, but i wouldn't count on him being back this season

braden

Aug 7, 2008
He's also horribly uneducated regarding the opposing team's players.

And no member of the Sox has ever done anything wrong. Earlier this year, when Lester sucked, Eck said something along the lines of "he isn't really struggling, guys are just hitting his mistakes hard".

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I would love to "have to" listen to him, cuz that would mean I could actually watch the games. :(

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I know what you mean. I can't stand Milo Hamilton. They guy sucks as a play by play guy. He may have been great in his prime but he seriously doesn't paint a picture anymore. He is slow and stupid.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
wideright said:
Jays_Cards said:
wideright said:
I would love to "have to" listen to him, cuz that would mean I could actually watch the games. :(

MLB.TV is the greatest thing ever made!
Yeah, next season for sure.

It is amazing and worth every penny. My other laptop has an HDMI output, so I have it connected to my HDTV and I watch the games in HD on a 61" screen as if it was being nationally broadcast. I absolutely love it!

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
aughhhhh, we need another commentator. god i love eck, meet hiim a few times. once real nie , second time knd of a dick. anyway he is so annoying......i think orsillo is sick of him also. :lol:

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Jays_Cards said:
I guess I am the only one that loves Eck..Nothing better than cheese, salad, lettuce, etc!

No, I'm with you. At least he isn't a constant one-man marketing brigade like Remy.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
braden said:
He's also horribly uneducated regarding the opposing team's players.

And no member of the Sox has ever done anything wrong. Earlier this year, when Lester sucked, Eck said something along the lines of "he isn't really struggling, guys are just hitting his mistakes hard".

This reminds of me of the damn announcers on FSN Wisconsin who talk like the Brewers are god's gift to earth.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Replace them with Dan Hoard/Steve Hyder from Pawtucket.

They are a nice tandem

[youtube:2sb1d6we]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKBikgPjds[/youtube:2sb1d6we]

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I will trade you Dennis Eckersly for Yankee announcer JOHN STERLING! He is such a D-Bag. Piss on him. "The Yankees win, Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees (pause) win!!!!!!!!!!!" My ass.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
jbone17 said:
I will trade you Dennis Eckersly for Yankee announcer JOHN STERLING! He is such a D-Bag. Piss on him. "The Yankees win, Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees (pause) win!!!!!!!!!!!" My ass.

Hahaha...touche sir!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Rudzud said:
jbone17 said:

Hahaha...touche sir!

Thank you my good man. It is so darn true though.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jbone17 said:
Rudzud said:
jbone17 said:

Hahaha...touche sir!

Thank you my good man. It is so darn true though.

Sterling is terrible, and even tons of Yankee fans agree. The woman who does radio broadcast isn't great either, but not as bad as Sterling/Eck.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
My favorite line from Eck so far tonight. Talking about Chris Caughlin playing out of position in LF. "He's a 2B, so I don't understand why he had so much trouble at 3B"
::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts