Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signing Deadline is 7 Hours and Counting....Time For a Poll

Which 1st Rounder Are You Most Hopeful Will Sign?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
With one day to go, everything seems to be up in the air in the 1st round (as expected).

With 10 first rounders left, which one are you MOST hopeful will sign?

See the options above.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Re: 24 Hours and Counting....Time For a Poll

Jaypers said:
With one day to go, everything seems to be up in the air in the 1st round (as expected).

With 10 first rounders left, which one are you MOST hopeful will sign?

See the options above.

I think its crazy there is no conflict with Boras having so many of those kids.... seems like there would have to be at least some sort of conflict in there somewhere... then again, I'm not a sports agent, just your friendly neighborhood attorney :D

Casey

Oh, and I hope Pedro signs!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Early votes swinging towards Matusz.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

For you Yankee fans, remember that Boras isn't above trying to psych out the Steinbrenners to get an extremely lucrative deal for Cole, so he could still sign.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

I'm a Smoak fan, but the one I want to collect the most already signed, and also is with Razor already in Brett Wallace.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

No love for Hosmer yet....interesting. Where my KC fans at? :)

wmb1289

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Re: Signing Deadline is 24 Hours and Counting....Time For a Poll

Pedro
he is awesome, either way may be cool to watch him again in college

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Signing Deadline is 12 Hours and Counting....Time For a Poll

Now at the 12 hour mark, no official signings yet. Bumping this once.

We'll see a lot of last-minute activity, that's for sure.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Jaypers said:

He was my vote. Dude is a legit four tooler, although it keeps looking more and more like he is built for 3B (a position the Royals are already clogged at).

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY

soccerman034 said:
Jaypers said:

He was my vote. Dude is a legit five tooler, although it keeps looking more and more like he is built for 3B (a position the Royals are already clogged at).

Please show me where you have read anything calling Hosmer a "legit five tooler" or built for 3B.

He isn't either of those....Read Below.

Hitting Ability: Hosmer is an advanced high school hitter who has an excellent approach, balance and bat speed.

Power: He's got average power right now, but there's plenty of room for more once he closes holes up and in.

Running Speed: He is a well below-average runner.

Base Running: The below-average speed makes him a bit of a clogger.

Arm Strength: He's got an above-average arm, a rarity for a first baseman.

Fielding: Hosmer has soft hands and can really pick it at first.

Range: He moves surprisingly well and has good range.
Physical Description: Hosmer is a big, strong left-handed first baseman who's drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman, both in size and hitting ability.

Medical Update: Healthy.

Strengths: An advanced approach at the plate, plenty of power potential -- he's just an all-around offensive package.

Weaknesses: The one weakness in his offensive game is on pitches up and in. He tucks his hands and anything thrown hard and inside will give him some trouble.

Summary: Arguably the top high school bat in the Draft class, the lefty first baseman has drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman for his advanced hitting approach, though he might not quite be there. He's got a ton of upside with the bat, both in terms of hitting for average and power and he's surprisingly nimble defensively. Teams who like high school hitters with potential to move fairly quickly will be on Hosmer all spring.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Signing Deadline is 12 Hours and Counting....Time For a Poll

Who did you vote for in the poll, Adam? Just curious.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

NECpilgrims8 said:
soccerman034 said:
Jaypers said:

He was my vote. Dude is a legit five tooler, although it keeps looking more and more like he is built for 3B (a position the Royals are already clogged at).

Please show me where you have read anything calling Hosmer a "legit five tooler" or built for 3B.

He isn't either of those....Read Below.

Hitting Ability: Hosmer is an advanced high school hitter who has an excellent approach, balance and bat speed.

Power: He's got average power right now, but there's plenty of room for more once he closes holes up and in.

Running Speed: He is a well below-average runner.

Base Running: The below-average speed makes him a bit of a clogger.

Arm Strength: He's got an above-average arm, a rarity for a first baseman.

Fielding: Hosmer has soft hands and can really pick it at first.

Range: He moves surprisingly well and has good range.
Physical Description: Hosmer is a big, strong left-handed first baseman who's drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman, both in size and hitting ability.

Medical Update: Healthy.

Strengths: An advanced approach at the plate, plenty of power potential -- he's just an all-around offensive package.

Weaknesses: The one weakness in his offensive game is on pitches up and in. He tucks his hands and anything thrown hard and inside will give him some trouble.

Summary: Arguably the top high school bat in the Draft class, the lefty first baseman has drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman for his advanced hitting approach, though he might not quite be there. He's got a ton of upside with the bat, both in terms of hitting for average and power and he's surprisingly nimble defensively. Teams who like high school hitters with potential to move fairly quickly will be on Hosmer all spring.

Meant 4 tooler (he is not a gifted runner), which is why I edited my post before your reply.

Lets see; he has a plus arm, which would be completely wasted at first base, so it makes no sense to keep him there. He has soft hands and good range which are ideal for a good 3B....finally, he is slow and would therefor not be a fit for the other logical option, right field. I was making my own conclusions from several scouting reports, and I personally see him as a future third basemen.

Members online

No members online now.