Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Scutaro Steal....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Not sure how many of you saw it today, but I used to do this stuff all the time in baseball when I was 15 and I would do the same thing stealing home in church softball as I got older.

I love that type of aggressive play. Timing is everything and whenever I pulled it off, it would always rattle the pitcher for the rest of the game.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Hallsgator said:
I watched live when he did it, good play. Yunel Escobar did the same thing last year against Arizona.

Too bad that for every good play Yunel makes, he makes about 5 boneheaded plays.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
tommyfro21 said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
What happened?

He stole 2nd on a walk. Totally caught the Phillies off-guard...

MY SONS COACH (10 U ) TOUGHT THE KIDS THAT THIS YEAR...WORKED EVERYTIME :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT WAS FUNNY THE FIRST GAME THEY DID IT...THE OTHER COACH WAS " HEY BLUE THAEY CANT DO THAT " :lol: :lol: :lol:

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
CISCOKID23 said:
tommyfro21 said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
What happened?

MY SONS COACH (10 U ) TOUGHT THE KIDS THAT THIS YEAR...WORKED EVERYTIME :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT WAS FUNNY THE FIRST GAME THEY DID IT...THE OTHER COACH WAS " HEY BLUE THAEY CANT DO THAT " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely. My coach used to encourage our team to do it as we saw fit..now I'm not the fastest of guys (I know I should be, I'm 6'7"), but I even did it a time or two that year. It was always so fun, because no one even tried to prevent it from happening. They didn't know what happened until it was already gone. Every pitching change they made, we would have another person do that. It was like the opposing team absolutely forgot we had that trick in our arsenal.

Anyhow, back on topic, I love to see that kind of aggressive base running. I am absolutely a fan of small-ball baseball.

Anthony

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I was coaching My daughters softball team and we would do it everytime
someone was on 3rd so when the throw the ball to second, the running on 3rd would
score everytime.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
IndyMann said:
boomo said:
tommyfro21 said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
What happened?

he stole 2nd or 3rd? how exactly do you steal 2nd on a walk?
First: You draw a walk!
Second: You trot towards first!
Third: You catch the other team not paying attention and haul ass to second base!

oh, ok, i thought you guys meant he was on 1st, and stole when someone else walked.
thats why i thought maybe it was he went to third on a walk with no one paying attention.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
I love that play!

We always do it when there are less than two outs, and a runner on 3rd. The guy that walks runs to second, while the runner on third gets a couple feet off the bag, then it catches the whole team off-guard and they dont know what to do, and then either throw it to second, or just hold it.

Works 9 times out of 10

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I thought you were referring to how the Jays acquired Scutaro as a steal:

Traded by the Oakland Athletics to the Toronto Blue Jays for Graham Godfrey (minors) and Kristian Bell (minors).

.300/.400/.431 (121 OPS+) 48:35 BB:K rate and excellent defense at SS.

Members online

Latest posts