Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kyle Blanks Promoted to SD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kopp

Aug 18, 2008
According to Baseball America, the Padres have promoted top hitting prospect Kyle Blanks from Triple-A Portland.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
DH for interleague play? He better not be playing LF and headley starting at 3rd. Kouz has been on fire lately

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

Umm, you do realize they're a National League team, right? :lol:
He will DH for interleague games since Floyd is headed for the DL. Might get some LF time, doubtful to get time at 1st.

Think he'll get sent back down after Interleague play concludes?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Giles should be benched. Move Headley to RF, and put Blanks in LF. Boy that sounds like a weak defensive OF

Could also trade Kouz and have Headley play 3rd and Blanks is LF

Jaypers said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

He will DH for interleague games since Floyd is headed for the DL. Might get some LF time, doubtful to get time at 1st.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

Probably, this could mean one of three things iMO.
1. If he plays well, Giles will be released, moving Chase to RF and Blanks installing himself as the LF'er.
2. Either Kouz or Chase has been traded, leaving LF open for BLanks.
3. They're auditioning him as trade bait, Peavy and Young are on the DL so no one else on the team could bring anyone in return except for him.

Kopp

Aug 18, 2008
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

I have a hard time believing that they are giving him the call just to DH for 6 games. Hope not, but I assume it is plausible.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Kopp said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

I have a hard time believing that they are giving him the call just to DH for 6 games. Hope not, but I assume it is plausible.

it happens all the time

Kopp

Aug 18, 2008
cgilmo said:
Kopp said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
Seiya said:

it happens all the time

I completely trust your knowledge but I can't think of many/any situations like this off of the top of my head. Can you help me with a few?

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
The Padres yo-yo players like this all the time. Macias performed well in the OF, been sent down like 4 times already. And now that they need an OF'er they call up another guy. They've done it with leblanc and geer alot.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Kopp said:
cgilmo said:
Kopp said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="Seiya":1x3zso3l]DH

it happens all the time

I completely trust your knowledge but I can't think of many/any situations like this off of the top of my head. Can you help me with a few?[/quote:1x3zso3l]

The Phillies basically did it with Mayberry this year.

Kopp

Aug 18, 2008
Seiya said:
The Padres yo-yo players like this all the time. Macias performed well in the OF, been sent down like 4 times already. And now that they need an OF'er they call up another guy. They've done it with leblanc and geer alot.

Definately not a model organization on "how to"....I just can't remember a time when an organization pulled up their #1 prospect to DH in interleague play.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Kopp said:
cgilmo said:
Kopp said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="Seiya":2hkmw1zp]DH

it happens all the time

I completely trust your knowledge but I can't think of many/any situations like this off of the top of my head. Can you help me with a few?[/quote:2hkmw1zp]

The Brewers did the same thing with Gamel

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Seiya said:
No way, Giles must be done.

If Blanks produces, I can see Giles getting releaased. 38 years old and a major drop off in offensive producticity this year. I was reading an article on ESPN yesterday and they quoted one GM as stating that Giles should be released.

Tom

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Wasn't Fox just brought back up to DH?

Kopp said:
cgilmo said:
Kopp said:
Seiya said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="Seiya":37bnabrn]DH

it happens all the time

I completely trust your knowledge but I can't think of many/any situations like this off of the top of my head. Can you help me with a few?[/quote:37bnabrn]

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
Was at the game last night -he hit a MONSTER shot -the LF barely even turned around. He's a specimen.

Members online

Latest posts