Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospect Smackdown: Mark Melancon vs David Robertson

Mark Melancon or David Robertson

• Melancon -- AAA stats -- 31.9% K%, 6.2% BB%, 60% GB%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Neither of these guys is really still a "prospect", but they are both still very young (24 years old) with very bright futures. Which one would you take as a Yankees fan? Melancon began the year as the fan favorite, but both put up great numbers in AAA this year, and Robertson is striking out 35% of the hitters he faces in the majors right now (41% in June). Who would you take it you had to choose just 1?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Adam G said:
Neither of these guys is really still a "prospect", but they are both still very young (24 years old) with very bright futures. Which one would you take as a Yankees fan? Melancon began the year as the fan favorite, but both put up great numbers in AAA this year, and Robertson is striking out 35% of the hitters he faces in the majors right now (41% in June). Who would you take it you had to choose just 1?

I'd move Joba to the pen so this matters less.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
numba1yankeefan said:
look at sig then add about 60-70 more auto's and you will have my answer

Robertson?

That was my first guess, but now...all those Melancon cards are making me second guess myself.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
Adam G said:

I'd move Joba to the pen so this matters less.

That would be a good option, too. But Hughes has also done a good job out of the pen (although, long term I think he's definitely a starter by nature).

Note: As a starter, Chamberlain as a 21% K%, 12% BB% and a 1.44 WHIP.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Melancon started off with something like 14 straight scoreless innings then was called up and uncharacteristically gave up a lot of walks and was sent back down. when he got back down he still wasnt himself but lately he seems to be improving. he should be back up at some point this year. I think that both should be very solid relievers but obviously i'm pushing a little harder for melancon.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
numba1yankeefan said:
Melancon started off with something like 14 straight scoreless innings then was called up and uncharacteristically gave up a lot of walks and was sent back down. when he got back down he still wasnt himself but lately he seems to be improving. he should be back up at some point this year. I think that both should be very solid relievers but obviously i'm pushing a little harder for melancon.

I think you're right, Melancon has looked much better lately, and they both should be very good (I'm pulling for Robertson myself cuz I've get his superfractor -- the only super I own).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts