Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire fans come in... help with a bat, from a redem..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Back in 1999 or 2000, I pulled a redemption card for a full sized Mark McGwire "Making History" bat. I redeemed it, and received the full sized Rawlings Adirondack.

It resembles this http://cgi.ebay.com/MARK-MCGWIRE-COMM-6 ... tsupported
except mine commemorates the 70th home run.

I think this may be a typo in the listing, and it actually may be the same bat as mine, but was curious if any Big Mac collectors knew more. I'd love to see what pack this came from (I want to say 1999 Upper Deck MVP), and if there is a market for it.
Thanks!

Dec 10, 2008
Its a nice piece, but I'm not positive what product had the redemptions. I would say there isn't much of a market, as they made numerous different commemorative 70 HR items following the 1998 season. The problem with pieces of memorabilia like this is, in the beginning there is a crunch to own one, but after time it gets devalued. 7,000 bats is a lot when there are maybe 20 hardcore McGwire collectors, with the rest falling into hands of casual collectors of baseball items. I'll be surprised if it cracks $35, and anticipate $25 or less.

Latest posts