Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Japanese Pack Breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I pulled one of these cards #RS1 /1500 from a Japanese pack yesterday. Only info I could find on value with a quick search was http://www.collectingichiro.com/upper-japan.htm

that site lists it as $100-$150. Is that close to actual?

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Re: 2001 Ichiro Stars of Japan (Japanese Issue) /1500 question

The weird part is, it's not even a rookie card since he has many years of Japanese cards before 2001. Cool card though. They probably don't pop up often on eBay or in the States, so it's a "name your price".

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Re: 2001 Ichiro Stars of Japan (Japanese Issue) /1500 question

His 1st Japan card is 1993 Takara, correct?

Does he have others, a '93 BBM perhaps?

*Oops. Just saw all the info in the link I posted*

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
2001 Victory

Picture060.jpg

2000 Victory (Ichiro Insert !)

Picture059.jpg

2003 Topps/Kanebo

2003j.jpg

2002 Topps/Kanebo (3 packs broke- Jeter is still in unopened packaging)

2002j.jpg

1960 Bromide - 1952 Yamakatsu Bromide (The seals were a hole in the packaging with the 'flaps' caused by the hole, holding it closed.)

Picture053.jpg

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
MartinFFcollector, thanks for posting these pics. No doubt like most on here, I've never seen any of these before. Though not Ichiro, a friend brought me back a few Japanese cards when she was there. Here're the highlights.
These were from the Hanshin Tigers set. I pulled three Igawa cards from the box. I actually got Igawa to sign two of them for me after a game in Scranton.
05BBMHanshinTigers70thAnniversar-1.jpg
05BBMHanshinTigers70thAnniversarySh.jpg
Then, she brought me the Nippon-Ham Fighters team set, which features these...
07Nippon-HamFightersYuDarvishHighli.jpg
07Nippon-HamFightersYuDarvish.jpg
Here's a scan of the team set box...
05Nippon-HamFightersSetfront.jpg

Sorry if I turned this into a "show off your Japanese baseball cards" thread. :oops: :p

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
mrniceguy- Thanks for sharing. Eventually I'll buy a run of the BBM packs.

Klarnold- Very nice card. Thanks for the pic. I was going to try and track one down. You dont own that do you?

U.D. Collectors Choice '95 #59.
(Pictures Ichiro as a special guest at a 1995 NBA exhibition game in Japan. UD made 200 cards, all of which were given to Ichiro. Several are on display at the Ichiro Museum in Japan. This is the only baseball card known to exist that — either directly or indirectly — came from Ichiro's personal "collection." Never a commercial Upper Deck issue of any kind, we know of only five that have surfaced in the marketplace. $3,000 - $4,000

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
MartinFFcollector said:
mrniceguy- Thanks for sharing. Eventually I'll buy a run of the BBM packs.

Klarnold- Very nice card. Thanks for the pic. I was going to try and track one down. You dont own that do you?

U.D. Collectors Choice '95 #59.
(Pictures Ichiro as a special guest at a 1995 NBA exhibition game in Japan. UD made 200 cards, all of which were given to Ichiro. Several are on display at the Ichiro Museum in Japan. This is the only baseball card known to exist that — either directly or indirectly — came from Ichiro's personal "collection." Never a commercial Upper Deck issue of any kind, we know of only five that have surfaced in the marketplace. $3,000 - $4,000

No, I dont' own it. I have seen it on the http://www.collectingichiro.com before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts