Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody go to the Twins Autograph Party today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Got back from the game not too long ago. Went with one of my sons to get the cowboy hat, but my brother slacked and didn't get me an autograph ticket before they sold out, so it was just the game for us. It was a beautiful day, so I'm sure the place was crazy. Any reports/scans/pictures from anybody?

Or did I miss a thread? (I looked)

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Just a few people crying about Crede.

I was there... No autos for me though. I did hear the Crede was an ass. Sorry, but if someone comes to you, says hello sir and thank you very much sir, I think the least you could do is maybe give some eye contact. I hate jackasses that think they are just too good.

I did manage to pick this up at auction though...

3648013080_e9d6d89997.jpg

3647205821_1e137317f0.jpg

Morneau Jackie Robinson jersey went for $3400... crazy.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Wow, nice stuff. Jersey shows some great use from that game. Should be able to video/photo match it.
Is the bat game used? Cool seeing LS 125th ann logo.

Did every player have auction stuff?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Unfortunately I had to work on Saturday. Sorry to hear about Crede. The people I know who met him at signings in Chicago always had positive things to say.

Alex

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
This year was a lot of fun! Got there at 7 for the 12:30-2 current player signing. Went to Mauer's line and was probably a good 250 or so back (unbelievable). That was the earliest I have gotten there the past two years and I was at the most 50 back then (In Morneau and Gomez's line the past two years). By 9 o'clock the line was about 500 long (no joke, stretched across the plaza in front of the dome). Luckily there was a lot of shade and the sun didn't reach me til about an hour before the signing started. Got up to Mauer in about 40 minutes and headed to Guerrier/ Ullger/Liriano's line. There was maybe 20 people waiting in it. I went through fast and went to Delmon Young/Blackburn/Morales' line. I gave a delmon young card to a little boy who was in front of me and then got through the line in a few minutes. By that time they had cut off the lines (about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to stop). I had gotten pretty much everyone that I wanted, next year will be easier though since I probably won't wait in a "big" guy's line (or if I do I will make sure I am within the first 15) so I can get the "odds and ends" autos that I have never gotten. After Young, headed to Killebrew's line for the 2:30-4:00 former player signing. Was a good 160 or so back (about 50 people to get into the actual lined/chained off part). I am not an older player collector, so I wasn't going to be too bummed if I did not get him (which was a very good possibility since he chats with the fans a lot and signs an every letter graph). It went really slow, got into the lined/chained off part (which is the actual line, i was overflow) just over 45 minutes after it had started. The Twins staff kept coming up to us and saying we weren't going to get his auto. We calculated that we needed to average 12 minutes per "column" of the line (there were three columns). Ended up going down the first in 12 and the second in 5! The staff said that there was a 20 minute average per column of the line so we beat that by a lot! Went down the last one in 5 minutes as well and had Mr. Killebrew sign an A&G card (didn't have a ball left for him to sign!). Looks really nice though! Terry Steinbach was also at that station. Overall, I was very happy with the current Twins and I guess you can call the Killebrew a bonus since I wasn't really expecting to get it. Here are my totals for the Auto Party:

1/1 Joe Mauer SS ROMLB
1/1 Rick Anderson IC
1/1 Matt Guerrier Card
2/2 Francisco Liriano Card
1/1 Scott Ullger IC
1/1 Nick Blackburn Pocket Schedule (gave to my bro who couldn't come)
2/2 Delmon Young (gave one away to my bro as well)
1/1 Jose Morales Pocket Schedule
1/1 Harmon Killebrew Card
1/1 Terry Steinbach Card (gave to bro as well)

Twins vs. Astros Game:
1/1 Hunter Pence Card
1/1 Miguel Tejada Card
1/1 Lance Berkman Card
1/1 Geoff Blum Card
1/1 Matt Kata Ticket

Really fun game, lots of home runs! A lot of people signed who I didn't expect to. Really happy with this after getting shutout by the Brewers last time I graphed pregame this year!

Enjoy!
ROB

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Nice score on Berkman at the game.

Also read people bitching about Rod Carew not signing bats or unlicensed photos. So make sure you got a Photofile Carew photo with MLB hologram on it. Or he isn't signing it.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
matchpenalty said:
Nice score on Berkman at the game.

Also read people bitching about Rod Carew not signing bats or unlicensed photos. So make sure you got a Photofile Carew photo with MLB hologram on it. Or he isn't signing it.
thanks, i have heard that lance is pretty tough!
yeah heard a lot about carew. seems like he doesn't like to sign a lot of stuff because it is in his contract with who knows who. i think i am going to wait in his line next year, i will make sure to have a licensed photo so there is no confusion haha!

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
I think the last time I went to the autograph party a few years ago, I got there at 9 for Mauer and waited a long, long time to get my stuff signed. To hear that it was crazier than ever does not surprise me.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
jrtowles46 said:
Here are my totals for the Auto Party:

1/1 Joe Mauer SS ROMLB
1/1 Rick Anderson IC
1/1 Matt Guerrier Card
2/2 Francisco Liriano Card
1/1 Scott Ullger IC
1/1 Nick Blackburn Pocket Schedule (gave to my bro who couldn't come)
2/2 Delmon Young (gave one away to my bro as well)
1/1 Jose Morales Pocket Schedule
1/1 Harmon Killebrew Card
1/1 Terry Steinbach Card (gave to bro as well)

Twins vs. Astros Game:
1/1 Hunter Pence Card
1/1 Miguel Tejada Card
1/1 Lance Berkman Card
1/1 Geoff Blum Card
1/1 Matt Kata Ticket

Enjoy!
ROB

Sounds great! So let's see some pics/scans!

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
Gellman said:
I think the last time I went to the autograph party a few years ago, I got there at 9 for Mauer and waited a long, long time to get my stuff signed. To hear that it was crazier than ever does not surprise me.
yeah, it was probably the craziest i have ever seen it. the sun (forgot lotion) made it worse though!
ROB

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
Greg Cleveland said:
Did you get the hat?
i did get the hat, but set it down and someone took it. not really a big deal i thought. i come home and check on ebay for them and they are selling for ridiculous amounts (i believe one went for around 40!). messed up on that one!
ROB

Members online