Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ode to Joe Sakic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
in the baseball section, we have a "90's inserts" thread going on.

after PMing with a few people, it got me to thinking about my Joe Sakic collection.

back in the early 90's, before quincy, printing plates and mega low #'d cards came along,
i was probably THE Joe Sakic Collector, certainly in New York! LOL All modesty aside,
sort of some canadians, im sure that my collection was pretty much at the top. i had
just about every insert/parallel pack issued Joe Sakic card ever released. Of course,
when Pinnacle Printing Plates came out, that all changed, and that actually lead me to
quitting card collecting for the good part of 8 years.

anywho, today i scanned some of the better Sakic's that i still have.
Some of the top top ones were sold on eBay. Sadly they dont go for anywhere near
as much as they should, so i still have these..

i have many many many more, but scannings too much work! LOL

SakicGroup1.jpg
SakicGroup2.jpg
SakicGroup3.jpg
SakicGroup4.jpg
SakicGroup5.jpg
SakicGroup6.jpg
SakicGroup8.jpg
SakicGroup9.jpg
SakicGroup10.jpg
SakicGroup11.jpg
SakicGroup12.jpg
SakicGroup13.jpg
SakicGroup14.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
awesome Sakic collection. Joe has always been one of my favorite players. if you ever get bored scan the rest for us to see :D .

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Those are fantastic. I stopped collecting in the late 80's and only started collecting again in 03-04 so I've never seen many of those. Thanks for sharing.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
Awesome Sakics.. was always a fan but his prices were too much for me back then. Glad I never did start, between you and quincy.. lol there'd be nothing left. I remember those Hart Hopefuls golds, it took me many years to find the Beezer one.

We should start a 90's thread over here.. toss in those sakics. 90's weren't just good for baseball, Hockey saw it's fair share of great cards. Although only 10 people will ever see the thread :p it'd be fun to look at.