Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAN SOMEBODY TEACH ME ABOUT EBAY "SHILL BIDDING"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
To see if something is being shilled, you need to go to the bid history and click on the bidders name. It will show you what % of the items that the ebayer has bid on in the last 30 days have been with that seller. Based on this, the bidder's feedback, and the number of bids that they have placed on the auction, you can determine whether or not the auction is being shilled. The linked auction looks shilled to me. While the ebayer who has 12 feedback has only placed one bid, 73% of all his bids are with that seller.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Adding a little to Zambrano38's post.....the high bidder has bid on 127 items total with 73% from this seller and placed 236 total bids on the 127 items....His bid history also indicates he has no problem placing multiple bids on items with this seller, but infrequently places multiple bids with other sellers.........Yet he only has 12 feedback.....hmmmmmmmmm

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
WOW :twisted: :twisted:

SO I WAS READING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME...THNX A BUNCH GUYS , NOW I REALLY NOW HOW TO READ INTO THE HISTORY...ONLY TOOK ME WHAT 10+ YEARS LOL

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Also, shill bidders seem to follow the assumption that people bid in whole numbers or a few cents above an even dollar amount, just as many honest buyers will bid an extra penny or few cents over an even dollar amount to prevent being outbid by just a few cents. So many shill bids are a dollar amount plus .99 cents. Also, once an auction reaches a substantial dollar figure, rather than bid an even $100 or $1000, the shill bidder will bid $99 or $999.

This isn't the gospel, but should be taken into account with all of the other issues that have been posed.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
You did good spelling "Shill" though, nicely done. Lots of people spell it wrong and it makes this guy go like this:

schilling-manny-759604.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts