Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damaged high end rare UD cards - any replacement luck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Has anyone ever pulled a sweet card out of upper deck and found it to be damaged, and requested a replacement? How successful were you, and how long did it take?

Would they replace a card with the same card if it were numbered to 25 or less?

I've pulled several high-end low numbered cards out of UD black basketball and exquisite football, and they have been badly damaged on the surfaces and edges, what is upper deck's card for card exchange policy?

Would they replace an upper deck black michael jordan autograph/25, or a matt ryan auto patch/25, for example, with the same card, if it were from a product of the same year?

What if you pulled a 2009 upper deck goudey Tiger woods auto and it was damaged on the surface, would they replace that with the same card?

Let me hear your experiences.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
They used to replace cards with no problem. I have heard lately that with there low end and mid range stuff they stoped replacing. I am not sure about there high end stuff. I would hope so.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
I have two cards at ud right now. Email cs 1st and see if they have a copy of that same card. If they do, they will create a case # for ur card. Send the card in and they said it should take 4-6 weeks. Good luck and hope they can replace em. Dave

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Probably one of the few rare cases where sticker autos triumph on-card autos...if a high end card had a sticker auto, it shouldn't be too hard to replace the card (theoretically, of course).

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
hard to say. i called up UD after I got a smeary garnett auto out of UD Black. they said to call back in a month since the "replacements" weren't in yet. i'm a bit wary about this but did get a case number. probably will call back again and see what the updated info/story is in a week or two.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
UD Black and Exquisite are always brutal for quality of the cards. I'm always amazed at how many people bust that stuff, knowing the condition of the cards they pull are almost always in.

Members online