Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, This Type Of Fake Takes Some Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
2008 Donruss SL MIRROR BLACK Auto Nolan Ryan 1/1 1 of 1

It's not a mirror, it's not black, it's hand numbered, oh, and it doesn't have the usual coa language on the back. So basically, someone took a base card, a Nolay Ryan auographed sticker, put it on the base card and hand numbered it 1/1. They ruined a Nolan Ryan autograph to make this? Seriously? Here is an actual Mirror Black autograph from the set...Juan Marichal

ADOTW.jpg

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
thenumberonemetfan said:
He could have whipped some no name players auto off of a sticker and faked Ryans signature on it.

Even if that's what he did, that's still a lot to go through to make this monstrosity. Trying to pass this off as a Mirror Black is still ballsy, especially when you show a scan of the nand numbered, non-coa having back. Ballsy or dumb. Well, those two often go hand in hand.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
IMO, the Ryan auto looks relatively legit.
But, how dumb do you have to be to HAND WRITE the 1/1
in black marker, especially without the usual auto
authenticity language on the back.

This guy gets my vote for eBay moron of the week :lol:

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I pmed him telling him for a power seller he should of known to do more research on cards before trying to pass off one of the wrost fake jobs of all time.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
vetsgt02 said:
I pmed him telling him for a power seller he should of known to do more research on cards before trying to pass off one of the wrost fake jobs of all time.

Aww..I did the same thing, except I actually pretended like I wanted to bid on the card!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Doesn't really take nuts, there are so many people selling blatant fakes on eBay and they have been selling them for so long with not trouble from anyone... There really isn't any risk in doing it.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
flightposite said:
Doesn't really take nuts, there are so many people selling blatant fakes on eBay and they have been selling them for so long with not trouble from anyone... There really isn't any risk in doing it.

The fakes are usually patches and cards where hand numbering isn't as suspicious. I'm not saying this is a rare occasion, it just happened to catch my eye.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Looks a little too slanted....that's just a casual observation from a collector with little Ryan autograph experience though..

chashawk said:
IMO, the Ryan auto looks relatively legit.
But, how dumb do you have to be to HAND WRITE the 1/1
in black marker, especially without the usual auto
authenticity language on the back.

This guy gets my vote for eBay moron of the week :lol:

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Is there any other category on eBay where people can get away with such blatant fraud with no risk of punishment?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I contacted him with this:

If I win this card, can you also send the original card that the sticker was attached to?? It would be nice to reunite the sticker auto with its original card. Thanks!

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
The seller also has several Bowman/Topps Originals that should be questioned. They may or may not be legit, but based on the Nolan Ryan fake, it should make all his stuff suspect.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
IndyMann said:
I contacted him with this:

If I win this card, can you also send the original card that the sticker was attached to?? It would be nice to reunite the sticker auto with its original card. Thanks!

LOL that is funny

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts