Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Iwamura may be back before the season is over!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Noice. This, plus some pitchers getting healthy and coming back, and this guy getting going...

BJUptonHillarity.jpg

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jaypers said:
Wonder if this means Brignac getting sent down.

Brignac went back down with Bartlett came back.

This is getting really exciting. BJ is mashing, and the bullpen is looking like it is getting back to 2008 form. If Kaz is effective when he comes back, this is going to be a scary team!

I wonder if Sonnanstine or Price gets bumped from the rotation when Kaz comes back. I still think Price needs some time in the minors, but Sonny has just been awful.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Jaypers said:

This is getting really exciting. BJ is mashing, and the bullpen is looking like it is getting back to 2008 form. If Kaz is effective when he comes back, this is going to be a scary team!

I wonder if Sonnanstine or Price gets bumped from the rotation when Kaz comes back. I still think Price needs some time in the minors, but Sonny has just been awful.

I don't think they're going to mess with Price anymore, so I'd guess it's Sonny's head on the chopping block.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Jaypers said:

I don't think they're going to mess with Price anymore, so I'd guess it's Sonny's head on the chopping block.

I'm pretty sure he still has an option left, so he could be sent to Durham. I could see a reliever getting cut and Sonny being used in long relief. Or hell, the way he has been hitting we can cut Gabe Gross and put Sonnanstine in right!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Jaypers said:

I'm pretty sure he still has an option left, so he could be sent to Durham. I could see a reliever getting cut and Sonny being used in long relief. Or hell, the way he has been hitting we can cut Gabe Gross and put Sonnanstine in right!

Yeah, I could see him being a reliever, can't be more scary than Wheeler. I'm guessing Wade Davis gets an audition for some sort of role later on too.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":27ixtg8y]
cowboysrule48 said:
Jaypers said:

Yeah, I could see him being a reliever, can't be more scary than Wheeler. I'm guessing Wade Davis gets an audition for some sort of role later on too.[/quote:27ixtg8y]

I honestly thought Davis would be up by now, and they would have parted ways with Niemann. He has really impressed me this year. I wanted Davis to get called up before Price though. However, I think you are right, now that he is up, he's up for good.

Members online

Latest posts