Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay buyer emails me.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
6 days after he won the best offer and tells me that he hasn't heard back from his friend who he bought the card for and if he doesn't hear from him in the next two days that I can go ahead and relist it :? How kind of him. I wish my friend would buy me a $125 gold refractor :?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Ho hum. Another eBay issue. Shocking.

I love the peanut gallery's comments.....when you sell a ton of stuff you are bound to have problems, part of the cycle.......you buy a ton of stuff you sell a ton of stuff, it is the law of averages. Way to contribute to the conversation.

Any thoughts from sellers?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Just handle it like you would any situation, do what is best for you and your account. I would send him a mutual agreement to not complete the transaction and be done with it and re-list it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
Just handle it like you would any situation, do what is best for you and your account. I would send him a mutual agreement to not complete the transaction and be done with it and re-list it.

Do I get my final selling fee back? Do you think that he is full of bunk?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

You get the final value fees back, yes. If he has no intention of paying, why try and force him to? He will just get pissed and could leave you bad feedback even if he gets a strike for non-payment. I would just work with him.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

You get the final value fees back, yes. If he has no intention of paying, why try and force him to? He will just get pissed and could leave you bad feedback even if he gets a strike for non-payment. I would just work with him.

How can he leave me feedback on an item he never paid for?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

I just left feedback for an item I never paid for. The guy asked me to agree to cancel the transaction after I won, I did, then I left feedback. And in the past, I have had non-payers leave feedback after all was said and done. eBay is weird.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

ummm easily?

The only way he loses feedback rights is if he dosen't respond to the NPB.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
cgilmo said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

ummm easily?

Can't you have it removed since he bought something and never paid and wants to back out and left you feedback as retaliation for not letting him back out? :?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
EricInCT said:
cgilmo said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":1f8s526a]Just handle it like you would any situation, do what is best for you and your account. I would send him a mutual agreement to not complete the transaction and be done with it and re-list it.

ummm easily?

Can't you have it removed since he bought something and never paid and wants to back out and left you feedback as retaliation for not letting him back out? :?[/quote:1f8s526a]

maybe

but that process is far from reliable. The standards that one thinks will apply to your situation do not always get enforced.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Is it just me, or can these questions be answered by looking on the eBay Web site? It seems to me that if you took the time to post here, than you could take the time to go on eBay and find the answers. For someone that supposedly buys and sells a ton on eBay, you have an awful lot of questions that could easily be answered on the eBay site without much hassle. Especially if you are always buying and selling.

aprimo

Jan 23, 2009
EricInCT said:
Can't you have it removed since he bought something and never paid and wants to back out and left you feedback as retaliation for not letting him back out? :?

A few months ago I had an extra front row ticket to an Eagles concert that I put up on eBay BIN/Best Offer. Two days before the concert, the auction was ending and I had three bids, all pretty low, so I accepted the highest bid a few minutes before the auction ended. The next morning, not long before I am leaving for the airport, I get an email from the buyer saying "didn't realize it was just one ticket, my wife will be pissed if I go without her, sorry bud." Mind you, from looking at this guy's listed auctions, feedback and username, it is obvious he is a ticket broker so I am not buying this for a minute. Not that it matters what his reason is for not paying. I emailed him back and politely but firmly reminded him that he made a commitment to purchase the ticket, that my listing was quite clear that it was only one ticket and that he should honor his commitment to purchase the ticket. He then proceeds to send me a truly obscene email.

When I got home from the concert I filed an NPB on him and started jumping through all of eBay's hoops. The "buyer" leaves me nasty, negative feedback and then keeps telling me to remove the strike and he will remove the neg. I called eBay a couple of different times, reasoning, pleading and then arguing with them to remove the neg, which has destroyed my 100% feedback that I built up over a period of more than 10 years--all to no avail. I refused to remove the NPB, just on general principle. I was just going to be stubborn and hold my ground no matter what, since I knew he was wrong and something needed to be done about him. A couple of months later, all of a sudden the neg is gone from my feedback and this former Power Seller is no longer a registered member. I never did find out what happened. At the time all of this was going on, eBay would not allow a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, which I now see has changed.

But since you are such a frequent seller, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the stubborn approach. You might be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
No, sellers cant leave negative fb.
I wouldnt file a mutual agreement. He deserves a strike and if he doesnt agree to the mutual or just doesnt know how to go through with it, you wont get your fees back. I have had a buyer with a few hundred feedback agree with me on a mutual through email. When I sent the mutual they declined and I had to call my PS rep to collect my fees back.
Just give them a strike when they dont pay. That is what the process is for.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
bigpops65 said:
Is it just me, or can these questions be answered by looking on the eBay Web site? It seems to me that if you took the time to post here, than you could take the time to go on eBay and find the answers. For someone that supposedly buys and sells a ton on eBay, you have an awful lot of questions that could easily be answered on the eBay site without much hassle. Especially if you are always buying and selling.

Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation :?
Looking for other seller's advice and experiences. I am at work and ebay is blocked anyway.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
aprimo said:
EricInCT said:

A few months ago I had an extra front row ticket to an Eagles concert that I put up on eBay BIN/Best Offer. Two days before the concert, the auction was ending and I had three bids, all pretty low, so I accepted the highest bid a few minutes before the auction ended. The next morning, not long before I am leaving for the airport, I get an email from the buyer saying "didn't realize it was just one ticket, my wife will be pissed if I go without her, sorry bud." Mind you, from looking at this guy's listed auctions, feedback and username, it is obvious he is a ticket broker so I am not buying this for a minute. Not that it matters what his reason is for not paying. I emailed him back and politely but firmly reminded him that he made a commitment to purchase the ticket, that my listing was quite clear that it was only one ticket and that he should honor his commitment to purchase the ticket. He then proceeds to send me a truly obscene email.

When I got home from the concert I filed an NPB on him and started jumping through all of eBay's hoops. The "buyer" leaves me nasty, negative feedback and then keeps telling me to remove the strike and he will remove the neg. I called eBay a couple of different times, reasoning, pleading and then arguing with them to remove the neg, which has destroyed my 100% feedback that I built up over a period of more than 10 years--all to no avail. I refused to remove the NPB, just on general principle. I was just going to be stubborn and hold my ground no matter what, since I knew he was wrong and something needed to be done about him. A couple of months later, all of a sudden the neg is gone from my feedback and this former Power Seller is no longer a registered member. I never did find out what happened. At the time all of this was going on, eBay would not allow a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, which I now see has changed.

But since you are such a frequent seller, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the stubborn approach. You might be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

You have been thanked for your contribution, thank you.

Latest posts