Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is eBay seller esthelyn29 a member on here? What an $@$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Just won an auction Sunday night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

I did not realize he/she wanted payment within 24 hours. So he/she emails me:

hi the auction was clear and loud, payment within 24 of end of the auction, no payment yet and not communication, i will not longer accept the payment you fail to make paymeny on time....thank you

Can the seller not allow me to pay? It has been 36 hours from the close of the auction.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
There is an auction I am bidding on right now and it says "IMMEDIATE PAYMENT IS REQUIRED AT THE END OF THE AUCTION"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Well I want that card and will pay him right now. I don't want to pay and them get screwed by him not sending.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
Well I want that card and will pay him right now. I don't want to pay and them get screwed by him not sending.

Unfortunately I received a strike against my account about two years ago I sniped something and was away for the weekend, I failed to read that it must be paid for in 24 hours. The final price was less than $10.

The ultimate question: Why don't they just make it a BIN with immediate payment required?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
They can't not allow you to pay. I always pay anyway, even if they tell me not to, to protect myself from an unpaid dispute after 30 days (because after 30 days you CAN'T pay and could end up with a strike if the seller wants to be a jerk). Although, they can just refund your payment right away, but then you can leave feedback and DSRs, so it's pretty dumb for a seller to mess with people like that. If they were rude about it, I MIGHT even leave appropriate feedback. This just happened to me, and the seller was very rude. Left a message the next day like, "Why haven't you paid???" I was a little irritated to say the least. I was probably too nice and didn't leave negative, but I did explain their impatience in the feedback and lowered their DSRs on communication.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
They can't not allow you to pay. I always pay anyway, even if they tell me not to, to protect myself from an unpaid dispute after 30 days (because after 30 days you CAN'T pay and could end up with a strike if the seller wants to be a jerk). Although, they can just refund your payment right away, but then you can leave feedback and DSRs, so it's pretty dumb for a seller to mess with people like that. If they were rude about it, I MIGHT even leave appropriate feedback. This just happened to me, and the seller was very rude. Left a message the next day like, "Why haven't you paid???" I was a little irritated to say the least. I was probably too nice and didn't leave negative, but I did explain their impatience in the feedback and lowered their DSRs on communication.

I paid after I received the email stating it had to be paid in 24 hrs and was refunded and still received a strike and was not allowed to leave feedback on the sale. This was awhile ago though.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wait, so you guys think you can dictate the seller's terms post-sale? Or set your own if you think the end price isn't very much or you didn't read the terms close enough? Really? You fail to follow through on your contractual agreement and THEY are wrong for being impatient for their money that you agreed to pay?? Wow. ::facepalm::

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

I paid after I received the email stating it had to be paid in 24 hrs and was refunded and still received a strike and was not allowed to leave feedback on the sale. This was awhile ago though.

That doesn't make sense because you can prove you paid. The rules must have been different then.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
wideright said:
Wait, so you guys think you can dictate the seller's terms post-sale? Or set your own if you think the end price isn't very much or you didn't read the terms close enough? Really? You fail to follow through on your contractual agreement and THEY are wrong for being impatient for their money that you agreed to pay?? Wow. ::facepalm::

Actually, every seller is under eBay's guidelines. Those are the ones I follow, because they are the only ones that matter in the end. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Regardless of their terms, you get 7 days by eBay, so they can't do anything for 7 days to begin with starting a dispute.

Its like if you say all sales are final, but then the buyer files a dispute, they can still win the dispute even though you said all sales are final.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Just got this from him:

Q: are you threat me?i dont have 100% ++feedback because a buyer like you,you never contact me.....the auction is clear payment in 24 hours is been 3 days go ahead i will fight the feedback and i will leave you a strike.....you dont contact me and when i ask you you threat me......looser......

First off the auction ended Sunday night...24 hours would have been last night. At the earliest he would have been able to ship it out now. I just paid him...so he can't give me a strike can he?

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
wideright said:

Actually, every seller is under eBay's guidelines. Those are the ones I follow, because they are the only ones that matter in the end. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
Right, right. That makes it all better. I get it. Not your responsibility, it's the seller's fault for not following ebay guidelines.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
wideright said:

i don't have a problem paying him. I didn't even read the 24 hour thing. it's been 36-40 hours since auction end...give me a break

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
In my case I paid for the item after 48 hrs, received a credit back he relisted the item.....7 days later received the notice that I received a strike.......appealed and lost. The seller has more control than you think no matter what ebay guidelines say. The reason why I didn't win the appeal because I didn't follow the instructions in the description. Tough lesson to learn for $10.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Q: are you threat me?i dont have 100% ++feedback because a buyer like you,you never contact me.....the auction is clear payment in 24 hours is been 3 days go ahead i will fight the feedback and i will leave you a strike.....you dont contact me and when i ask you you threat me......looser......

First off the auction ended Sunday night...24 hours would have been last night. At the earliest he would have been able to ship it out now. I just paid him...so he can't give me a strike can he?

No way. The only way you would get a strike is if after 14 days you don't pay for the item. I would just pay right now, expect him to issue a refund and leave appropriate feedback after he does. eBay looks out for buyers, not the other way around.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
wideright said:
sportscardtheory said:
wideright said:

Right, right. That makes it all better. I get it. Not your responsibility, it's the seller's fault for not following ebay guidelines.

I hope you don't fall off that high horse you rode in on.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Wrong. :?

Members online