Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Posey to make the jump from A ball to AAA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
For all those who have complained that Posey was in A ball for way too long and should get promoted:

Giants GM Brian Sabean admitted Monday that he's thinking of promoting Buster Posey from Single-A San Jose directly to Triple-A Fresno.

It would be quite the leap for the 22-year-old, but he's proven enough at the Single-A level to warrant it. The catcher is batting .328 with 11 homers, 48 RBI, a .425 on-base percentage and .545 slugging percentage for San Jose. Sabean believes Posey's catching skills will grow by leaps and bounds on the Triple-A level. "He'll get better in a real hurry because of the pitching he's going to catch," said the GM. "It's interesting, talking to (manager Bruce Bochy). His philosophy is, when you start catching guys who've been to the big leagues, you learn in a hurry."

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
I need him to stay in A ball for today so I can try to get his autograph at the California/Carolina League all star game (Lake Elsinore).

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
they also said this about Bumgarner too but that didnt happen.

Not the smartest move...but we'll see.
I don't agree that he'll learn more, plus the pitching is better in AA right now.
Send him to AA and he can work on his skills with Decker.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Bosox3 said:
they also said this about Bumgarner too but that didnt happen.

The talk was more Alderson to Fresno, but that's besides the point since that didn't happen either. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. They need to fast track him so Fresno isn't out of the question but I don't think he's ready.

Latest posts