Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can you name the teams of the Big Four U.S. Sports?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I got killed in basketball...as I expected.

Baseball and hockey I basically ran through the divisions in my head, almost like Rainman, football made me pause and the NBA I probably couldn't have finished in 60 minutes.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
I did basketball first since its what I know best. Got them done in about 2 minutes. Then just went through each city/region and figured out teams from other sports.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I got all of NFL, MLB, and NBA, but the fact that I don't follow hockey meant that I missed a lot of the NHL.
I got a 112/122. But, looking at the hockey, I missed some obvious ones.
Here is what I missed:
Bruins ::facepalm::
Flames
Hurricanes
Blackhawks
Avalanche
Blue Jackets
Red Wings ::facepalm::
Senators
Coyotes
Sharks (I knew there was a team from San Jose, but I couldn't remember their name).

JG

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
113/122!

But I missed some obvious ones like:

Buffalo Bills (Only footballs I missed)

Charlotte BobCats
Indiana Pacers (The whole time I'm going... "The team that Reggie Miller played for!)
Memphis Grizzles
Oklahoma City Thunder (Didn't even know they existed)

Buffalo Sabres (Duh!)
Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes (How could I miss this? I just spent 2 months in North Carolina, DURING Hockey playoffs)
St Louis Blues

Not bad

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
113/122!

Charlotte BobCats
Indiana Pacers (The whole time I'm going... "The team that Reggie Miller played for!)
Memphis Grizzles

Buffalo Sabres (Duh!)
Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes (How could I miss this? I just spent 2 months in North Carolina, DURING Hockey playoffs)
St Louis Blues

Not bad
I have never heard that name until today. After doing the list, I searched the team name and viola, they took over for the Seattle Supersonics.

Now the comical part, the Sonics were one team I tried to type in approx. 5 times with different variations of "Supersonics." "Sonics", "Seattle Sonics", etc.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
200lbhockeyplayer said:
xcantgobackx said:
113/122!

Charlotte BobCats
Memphis Grizzles

Buffalo Sabres (Duh!)
Calgary Flames
St Louis Blues

Not bad
I have never heard that name until today. After doing the list, I searched the team name and viola, they took over for the Seattle Supersonics.

Now the comical part, the Sonics were one team I tried to type in approx. 5 times with different variations of "Supersonics." "Sonics", "Seattle Sonics", etc.

Haha, I did the same thing with the Sonics.

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Missed 3 Basketball and 10 Football. Surprised I named that many NFL teams, actually.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I only got 89 and I missed a bunch of well known ones. I just completely locked up with like 2 minutes to go and couldn't remember anything. I even missed like 3 teams I swore I listed but apparently didn't.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
ooo, I'll report back soon, this one looks good. If I get 90 I'll be happy. I haven't watched the NBA in a decade...I think there is a team called the Thunder now? I know things have changed a bit. Hockey...I like it, but I know little about it.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
112, missed a few obvious ones: Pittsburgh Penguins, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs, LA Clippers.

Also missed the Bobcats and Thunder, couldn't remember the new names.

Members online

Latest posts