Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joel Zumaya is SMOKING....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
I just posted that in the mlb thread, amazing. Just keep him away from the guitar hero and he could be very important down the stretch.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
when he pitched in a game in tampa at yankees spring training a few years ago the gun said he hit 107 mph!! :eek: and I actually believe it because you could here him moan and put everything he had into the pitch. it was about 2 feet high though :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
to all the zumaya fans...I DONT GET IT, im a tigers fan and everytime this guy cmes into the game i want to change the chanell, he has so many homeruns hit off him its sickening and not only that but sometimes he has big time trouble with his control, i wish tigers would get rid of him already.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ThoseBackPages said:
ROCK ON!!!
zumaya.jpg
joel-zumaya-curtis-granderson-kelly-kelly.gif
joel_zumaya_drunk31.jpg

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
KOBEARODLT said:
to all the zumaya fans...I DONT GET IT, im a tigers fan and everytime this guy cmes into the game i want to change the chanell, he has so many homeruns hit off him its sickening and not only that but sometimes he has big time trouble with his control, i wish tigers would get rid of him already.

Fast throwers are always prone to give up homeruns. I would keep Zumaya, there is too much potential there to give up on.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
That was maybe the single stupidest pitch call i've ever seen. You have a guy who is throwing at or near 100 mph, getting swinging strikes and locating well. Hoffpauir could not catch up with the heater, but yet Zumaya shakes off Laird and decides to throw a 2 strike changeup? Seriously? Baseball IQ is very rarely mentioned, but that just shows a lack of it. You get beat on your 3rd best pitch, in a situation where even if you miss with your fastball, the particular hitter cannot hurt you. Just dumb, and yes I'm a little PO'd that he took a win away from Edwin.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
A couple of funny things about Zumaya from when I saw them play the Orioles earlier this year....

The first is that he wasn't signing too many things after the game in the bullpen. Then a dude threw a pen and a beer bottle down to him. Zumaya got all excited and signed the bottle right on the label in front.

The second is that when he was warming up in the pen I was probably 5 feet away (one awesome thing about Camden Yards) and you could hear his fastball make a whistling noise. First time I think I've heard a guy's fastball whistle.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I saw him pitch in Low-A ball...and he was a great starter. Now in relief, some of his other pitches have suffered, but that fastball...wow.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:
That was maybe the single stupidest pitch call i've ever seen. You have a guy who is throwing at or near 100 mph, getting swinging strikes and locating well. Hoffpauir could not catch up with the heater, but yet Zumaya shakes off Laird and decides to throw a 2 strike changeup? Seriously? Baseball IQ is very rarely mentioned, but that just shows a lack of it. You get beat on your 3rd best pitch, in a situation where even if you miss with your fastball, the particular hitter cannot hurt you. Just dumb, and yes I'm a little PO'd that he took a win away from Edwin.

Laird has to take more control and refuse to put down the change up sign. I don't think Hoffpauir had a chance against a fastball.

Alex

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Anyone notice how tonight was clearly different. No screwing around with changes as an out pitch. He hit 104 again tonight....at least on the FSN clock thing. Not sure how accurate it is.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
If the ball touches the bat it's gone half the time off of him he throws so hard.

Members online

Latest posts