Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest - Who had the most interesting day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I have this John Ely Xfractor that I was going to list on ebay before realizing that I don't need 78 cents that badly. So I'll send it to whomever I choose based on my title. No need for too much detail (unless it's pertinent to the story of course!). If someone really knocks my socks off, I'll throw in an '08 Clayton Richard Blue Refractor and '07 Ervin Alcantara Blue Refractor...yeah I really want these cards gone, so please, someone entertain me.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My cat woke me up at 8:30 by licking my arm and meowing, then I fell back asleep until around 10:30. I woke up again. I turned on my computer. I went to 7-11 for breakfast. I came back and watched an episode of Dexter. I went to 7-11 for lunch and posted on FCB a bunch of times. Now I am going to watch another episode of Dexter while awaiting the cards I won from you.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I woke up this morning and ran to the computer to check my score on the ACT. 34!! That's the equivalent of a 2260 on the SAT. This pretty much means I can go to Brown like I want to :D :shock:

Then I had orientation for my work this summer (as a camp counselor) and I got to catch up with friends I haven't seen for nine months as they've been away at college.

It was a pretty killer day. Unfortunately I have to work tonight, though.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
excel_B said:
Spent 11 hours on my black chair in my office. Checking on FCB.com every 15 minutes.
My exciting day of the week!

This is just like my day, but I only have to serve a 9 hour sentance. 7 down 2 to go. Oh, plus my chair isn't black. And I think I've been checking in every 10 minutes or so.

:lol:

Interesting!!

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I showed up an hour late to work and now will be leaving an hour early. Organized a poker tournament, checked ebay and FCB countless times and studied up on reducing the heat in my attic to reduce my power bill at home. In all 7 hours (actually 5 1/2 since lunch service was slow) and zero work completed. Great day.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Woke up and went to work out. However, on my way to the Facility I am driving along on the highway and I see what appears to be 2 old couples running around in the median. Infact, they were even trying to play chicken with the traffic. Of course everyone suprised and scared traffic was about at a stand still. About that time four cops come flying up and grab the people. I see one cop grabbing at one of the guys face then I see the cop rip off what appears to be a mask of what was probably 20 year old or so kid. They all had masks on and even freakin canes and walkers. It was actually a pretty nice laugh. Went worked out, ate lunch, chilled, and baseball later.

Well I can honestly say you dont see that everyday.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
sportscardtheory said:
My cat woke me up at 8:30 by licking my arm and meowing, then I fell back asleep until around 10:30. I woke up again. I turned on my computer. I went to 7-11 for breakfast. I came back and watched an episode of Dexter. I went to 7-11 for lunch and posted on FCB a bunch of times. Now I am going to watch another episode of Dexter while awaiting the cards I won from you.

Easily one of the most UNDERRATED shows on television.

[/sidetrack]

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
My day started out with my usual dose of black coffee and morning affirmation that what I do for a living isn't soul less and that people are more important than machines.

:45 mins have passed and I realize that I need to be heading to work, quick shower, get dressed and I am at work.

Great, 8 voice mail messages all from our offices in the eastern time zone, all with the same question.... I can't get to system resource (yada yada yada)

Ok, great, active directory problem.... 20 mins later problem solved and phone calls made to all of my east coast offices.

Phone calls to AT&T about t1 service in my two new east coast offices, and i am ~shocked~ when they tell me they can't meet my due date. An hour of posturing and negotiating later I find that they can in fact meet my due date... Imagine that.

time for FCB troll check, as usual none found

Then we have upcoming FCB projects I am working on such as our digital magazine, and promotional items at the national like the staff's embroidered nike golf shirts. For some reason underarmor shirts were twice the price of Nike shirts, screw that.

Back to my actual job, where I spec out and order the hard ware to run my two new east coast offices

distraction comes in the form of a set of emails back and forth with Phil, Adam, and JP

Lunch at a little cafe / bar called Damn Yankees, expensive but fantastic and it is right next door to the building I work at.

lunch over, I continue looking into equipment for my east coast offices.

http://www.xkcd.com then grabs my attention, and I start reading some of his incredibly intelligent web comics.

I pop into facebook and FCB pretty much all day though....

Man, this day wasn't interesting at all. Sounds like a day in the life of CG.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i can go over the last 2 weeks.
2 weeks ago i was pulling my trailer into the apartment complex & the fender scraped against a brick column knocking it over total cost 1300 bucks(out of pocket so my ins wont go up.

a week ago, my wedding band was lost or stolen from my apt. either the cat moved it, it was accidentally thrown away or my wifes brothers friend stole it( it was a 1200 dollar band)

2 days ago, hit by a car while i was working(not injured seriously)

today my wife has a flat & when i go to change it the floor jack breaks, almost as soon as i get the car jacked up almost crushing my arm. the jack is a month old & has been used once

not that interesting, but damn......im ready for july to start lol

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I shot bandits, traded for dolls, and wore a chicken suit.

Mind you, this was all on Fable 2, but it was the best part of my day because the mail person had nothing for me.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
cbrandtw said:
I showed up an hour late to work and now will be leaving an hour early. Organized a poker tournament, checked ebay and FCB countless times and studied up on reducing the heat in my attic to reduce my power bill at home. In all 7 hours (actually 5 1/2 since lunch service was slow) and zero work completed. Great day.

Are you a Senator? :lol:

Maybe the prize should go to Mark Sanford, the (soon to be ex-) governor of South Carolina. He'll need it!

Latest posts