Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Wright is on some kinda hot streak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
Even without the homers, a .935 OPS before todays game, which is better than last year

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
the dude is officially a punching Judy now....

Off the juice????? Just playing, just playing.......

But dude, you are a 3rd basemen. Hit the ball out of the park!

skrip

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I think he's doing just fine. I'll take a guy who gets a hit or 2 every night with a SB over someone who goes 1-4 with a HR every 3 games anyday!

For me:
.350 with 20hr/20sb > .220 with 40 hr

All Day Long!!!

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Just needs to stop striking out. He is so streaky as well. Just needs to stop getting fooled by bad pitches.

I am a fan though, and am happy for him with his average and SB's. He's doing what he can with that team right now.

DWright5 said:
I think he's doing just fine. I'll take a guy who gets a hit or 2 every night with a SB over someone who goes 1-4 with a HR every 3 games anyday!

For me:

All Day Long!!!

Hey man, i don't mean to bust your bubble, But he is not going to hit 20 HR's this year. He changed his swing. He has 4 HR's right now. He is not hitting for power. I can not accept that i am saying this but David Wright is not going to hit 20 HR's this year. Yea he will have a high BA, but Lack of HR and RBI production is not gonna look good.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
DWright5 said:

For me:

All Day Long!!!
What if it's from your 3-4 hitter...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
aw00d05 said:
DWright5 said:

For me:

All Day Long!!!
than you are looking at the giants!

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I know he won't hit 20 Hr this year, it was just an example of the type of player he is. He's an all-around player, not a slugger. His OPS and baserunning and unbelievable fielding are much more valuable, in my opinion, than trying to single-handedly hit 40 home runs to carry the team offensively.

The Mets have many more problems with injuries and lack of any production from their backups than Wright not homering every game.

And this isn't all just because he's my favorite player. I appreciate all players that play all-out in all facets of the game. I'd much rather watch players that can do it all, than wait for someone to hit a home run while going 0-4 game after game.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
If I had invested any sort of coin in Wright...I'd be mad/worried.

Slap hitters are OK....just not when a power hitter turns into one.

But, I will add that he has 0 protection...view his numbers like you would a AAAAAA rehab asignment...yes there are too many A's.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
aw00d05 said:
DWright5 said:

For me:

All Day Long!!!

It doesn't really matter to me what place in the lineup it is. They could put Wright hitting 7-8 or-9 and he'd hit just the same.

I know 3-4 hitters are perceived to be big power guys, but if you were to have guys like I said previously for all 8 positions that hit over 300 with speed vs. 8 guys who hit 200 with a homer every 2 or 3 games, in my opinion, the better average/speed guys will win the majority of the games.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5 said:
aw00d05 said:
DWright5 said:

For me:

All Day Long!!!

It doesn't really matter to me what place in the lineup it is. They could put Wright hitting 7-8 or-9 and he'd hit just the same.

I know 3-4 hitters are perceived to be big power guys, but if you were to have guys like I said previously for all 8 positions that hit over 300 with speed vs. 8 guys who hit 200 with a homer every 2 or 3 games, in my opinion, the better average/speed guys will win the majority of the games.

Tony?

I think Wright should be batting 2nd and the pitcher should be batting 8th.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
DWright5 said:
aw00d05 said:
DWright5 said:

For me:

All Day Long!!!

3-5 hitters are supposed to be power guys, which he is showing he's not, 2nd would suit him much better with his dink and steal style he's going to.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Adamsince1981 said:

But, I will add that he has 0 protection...view his numbers like you would a AAAAAA rehab asignment...yes there are too many A's.

Agree completely with the investment issue. His card prices are based, as most hitters are, on the power he showed previously. However, since I'm a baseball/Wright fan, and only collect what I want for my personal collections, I'm not personally worried about it. I'm looking at it more from a baseball standpoint than an investment/profit standpoint.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5 said:
Adamsince1981 said:

Agree completely with the investment issue. His card prices are based, as most hitters are, on the power he showed previously. However, since I'm a baseball/Wright fan, and only collect what I want for my personal collections, I'm not personally worried about it. I'm looking at it more from a baseball standpoint than an investment/profit standpoint.

Then you are doing great. Congrats on the fine season.

Members online