Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dan Haren 7 IP 2 ER 8 K and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
He wasn't as dominant as I figured he'd be...Have to give credit to Padilla to he was throwing 95 in the 7th.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
He definitely had those 2 shaky innings but otherwise he looked pretty dominant, especially as the game wore on. Shame that it's yet another loss, but I am not surprised whatsoever anymore.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nkdbacks said:
He definitely had those 2 shaky innings but otherwise he looked pretty dominant, especially as the game wore on. Shame that it's yet another loss, but I am not surprised whatsoever anymore.
IF he leads the NL in ERA, but has a losing record or barely over .500, would voters vote for him 1st for cy young? Just curious. I know a lot of us on FCB feels like the Wins-loss are an overrated stat, but i'm just thinking as a voter.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
darocker80 said:
IF he leads the NL in ERA, but has a losing record or barely over .500, would voters vote for him 1st for cy young? Just curious. I know a lot of us on FCB feels like the Wins-loss are an overrated stat, but i'm just thinking as a voter.

Thats an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Voters are too ignorant to look past the W-L.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
notoriousrmb said:
darocker80 said:

Thats an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Voters are too ignorant to look past the W-L.

Which is why Bartolo Colon has a Cy Young.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I would vote for Lincecum in the Cy race.

Haren is having a phoenomenal year, but, as some people think wins dont matter, they do in the minds of alot of people.

Besides, Lincecum has 7 wins on a team that is considered as bad as the Dbacks.

Other than Sandoval, who is really having a great year in SF?

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
HPC said:
I would vote for Lincecum in the Cy race.

Haren is having a phoenomenal year, but, as some people think wins dont matter, they do in the minds of alot of people.

Besides, Lincecum has 7 wins on a team that is considered as bad as the Dbacks.

Other than Sandoval, who is really having a great year in SF?
Don't forget cain, but he has a higher whip (i think) and dramatically lower in Ks, but better ERA. Its tough.

Oh and Rowand is the only hitter i can think of.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
darocker80 said:
nkdbacks said:

Ask Nolan Ryan and he will tell you that answer.

8-16, 2.7 ERA and was 5th in the voting

another year was 11-5 witha 1.69 ERA and was 4th

Latest posts