Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Patch Haters...Would you have a problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
If someone took nice cards and faked the patches but listed them as redone cards???

I hate the idea of people cheating others in this hobby but are any of you collectors of just cool looking cards?

You think about it. Half of us can't prove any patch or swatch is authentic anyway and there are videos out there even saying a lot of auto's authenticated are fake... so would you collect knowing the patch was not "game used" if it looked cool and the seller was honest.

Are we collecting for the player or the idea of having a piece of his pants???

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
we are not colleticting for cards with pieces of replica jersey that some guy cut up that anyone can make. if the seller was honest know one would bid and he would stop telling the you the card was fake so he could make more money

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
I realize they wouldnt sell as high but would they sell... I think they would

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
It is sick... How people can take something everyone else enjoys and ruin it

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
lordsepic said:
It is sick... How people can take something everyone else enjoys and ruin it
so true my friend so true and its sad how the card companies dont care the least bit

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
What about if you took a great patch from a crappy card and swapped it with a nicer one that only had a 1 color?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't have a problem with it but I would buy them either because I figure if I want to get a custom job...I'll do it myself or ask one of the board members to at least make the card for me and then go from there.

As far as not being able to prove anything is actually "Game Used"...well I stopped buying any GU cards with the notion of them being provably game used.I figure some of them are and some of them may not be.No matter what...unless a company came out and told everyone that they either never used real GU items or that they didn't use them for a specific period of time, we will never know for sure.Why rack your brain over it?

Members online

Latest posts