Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1937 Josh Gibson card! Sorta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
No kidding?!?!?! WOW, that went right over your head! Of course he knows, thus the foggy pic!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
i43770 said:
Wow, his listing fees are going to suck on this one:

[ebay:2mz8bq2y]180372265971[/ebay:2mz8bq2y]

If you go through ebay to list (no quicklister, such as turbolister), you get 5 free listings /month.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
i43770 said:

[ebay:1jfcklv5]180372265971[/ebay:1jfcklv5]

The best is the fact he says it's black and white, then shows a picture of the GREEN back!!! :lol: :lol:

marterburn

:lol:

He knows what he's doing as far as misleading people who don't know. How else would he get 1937 unless he made it up?

Do any Gibson cards even exist from that long ago? Knowing nothing about vintage, when was his actual first card?

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
marterburn said:

He knows what he's doing as far as misleading people who don't know. How else would he get 1937 unless he made it up?

Do any Gibson cards even exist from that long ago? Knowing nothing about vintage, when was his actual first card?

Look carefully at the scan. The year that the picture was from is printed on the face of the card. At least on most of them.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I received a response from him stating that he is just listing the cards as to what year is provided on the front. I dont think this guy knows anything about cards. He is just assuming the year stated on the card of the picture is when the card is from, lol.

Hopefully somebody did not screw him and sell him a bunch of 93 Upper Deck Inserts as originals.....or whatever year they were from.

TK

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
marterburn said:

As far as I know there are very few if any Gibson cards, and his playing days were around the 20's,30's,40's

I have 2 of these all time great box sets of most of the best players in baseball history. Never thought I'd see the day when someone actually thinks they're vintage. I think they're from 94 or something

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
I messeged him this:

I like how it says Upper Deck in the top right corner and UD wasn't around until 1989...

His response:

fyi thats the year of the player

The hell does that mean?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Here is his exact response to my question.....

im just going off of what the front of the card says thats the year of the player

As stated earlier in the post, you can clearly see the year of the original card pictured on the front. This guy knows nothing about cards and is assuming that year is the year the card was made, not that it is a reprint from some Upper Deck insert.

Even though he only has 3 feedback, everything he is selling is mostly Electronics or Yu gi oh and not baseball cards except for these "Reprints"

TK

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
i43770 said:

[ebay:mqo9weft]180372265971[/ebay:mqo9weft]

I did not know they had holograms in the '30s. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online