Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Help (PC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
So I bought a 2007 Madison Bumgarner Gold Ref for 125 roughly. I intented to buy it for the PC. But now the last few have gone for 240-250 (roughly double in price). The card seems grade able and would be graded towards the end of July at the National. Just wait till then and sell, sell now, or just keep the card for my pc? I am asking this becasue I want your opinions if the gold refs will ever go down again.

I am thinking of doing it so I can get funds for another TIm Lincecum Gold.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Johan Santana 57 said:
Sell now

buy back when he hits the majors cause they all go down after a performance that isn't God-like
If I can find a seller at 240 i would. Maybe test the waters with a BIN at that price or like BIN/BO 300?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
1) You say its gradeable. Hasnt it been graded a 9 twice already? Sometimes you should just give up, factor those costs into your profit margin, don't forget about that $20 (give or take)

2) If you could find a buyer for 240, you need to get that out as fast as you can. I think 200 is more realistic. Evan at 200, I'd sell it in a heartbeat, it's gonna go back down. Sell now and get the Lincecum.

Just my .02

Zach

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Nikobaseball said:
1) You say its gradeable. Hasnt it been graded a 9 twice already? Sometimes you should just give up, factor those costs into your profit margin, don't forget about that $20 (give or take)

2) If you could find a buyer for 240, you need to get that out as fast as you can. I think 200 is more realistic. Evan at 200, I'd sell it in a heartbeat, it's gonna go back down. Sell now and get the Lincecum.

Just my .02

Zach
Wow you got that David Wright gold?

But ya, my gold has been .5 way. I was thinking of stopping and trying to sell.

The last ones got 240 and 220.

Might do a high BIn/Bo or a BIN 250 if its the only one on ebay.

I really want another gold or an orange lincecum though!

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
Nikobaseball said:

Just my .02

Zach
Wow you got that David Wright gold?

But ya, my gold has been .5 way. I was thinking of stopping and trying to sell.

The last ones got 240 and 220.

Might do a high BIn/Bo or a BIN 250 if its the only one on ebay.

I really want another gold or an orange lincecum though!

I personally dont see it hitting 240 ever again, but thats just me. I'd go in the middle and go for like a 230 BIN, that should give you a great shot at getting a sale, OR, since you're already getting profit, sell it at .99 cents via auction, and guarantee it Mint/Gem Mint (since it's true), and you should do very well.

Zach

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Let me ask this:What are Lincecum Golds doing now that he is as good as he is?This is why, if I were collecting a player and not prospecting them, I would have a hard time letting go of something.Sure you may be able to get it cheaper later but what if you can't.If you do ever have to buy it back and it doesn't really go down much...you have saved no money and made no money.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
predatorkj said:
Let me ask this:What are Lincecum Golds doing now that he is as good as he is?This is why, if I were collecting a player and not prospecting them, I would have a hard time letting go of something.Sure you may be able to get it cheaper later but what if you can't.If you do ever have to buy it back and it doesn't really go down much...you have saved no money and made no money.
I was thinking about this and the only reason I am doing this is to get a lincecum gold ref. I have my lincecum PC priority over my bumgarner PC. SO at least I am not JUST cashing in on the bumgarner. I am getting my main guy's KEY card before they are so rare like NIKO's David Wright.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
predatorkj said:
I was thinking about this and the only reason I am doing this is to get a lincecum gold ref. I have my lincecum PC priority over my bumgarner PC. SO at least I am not JUST cashing in on the bumgarner. I am getting my main guy's KEY card before they are so rare like NIKO's David Wright.

Good point.I just hope you are actually saving some money by doing it this way.In a few years you may not be able to get a Bumgarner any cheaper than a Lincy.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
List it at .99 and let it run it's course. His stats aren't going to get much flashier and if anything he might see a couple bumps in the road.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
darocker80 said:
predatorkj said:

Good point.I just hope you are actually saving some money by doing it this way.In a few years you may not be able to get a Bumgarner any cheaper than a Lincy.

That's unlikely. Besides from Lincy already being a CY type pitcher, Lincy's chrome is also autographed. It would take SO MUCH for a Bum gold to come close to Lincecum's.

Zach

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nikobaseball said:
predatorkj said:
darocker80 said:
predatorkj said:

That's unlikely. Besides from Lincy already being a CY type pitcher, Lincy's chrome is also autographed. It would take SO MUCH for a Bum gold to come close to Lincecum's.

Zach

Well I am not sure.I don't own either card.If he feels its the best thing to do then that's cool.I just am not of the train of thought that everyone's stuff will be cheaper when they reach the majors.There are plenty of player that that is no longer true for.Sure its not an overly common thing but then again we aren't talking about a no name guy here either.The question becomes...do you want to take that chance.From what ya'll are telling me its a decent move to make.So be it.

Latest posts