Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants fans, question about Nate Schierholtz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What is the local concensus on this guy. I've always liked him, and I bought a small stash for decent prices that I have been holding.

Basically, I'm really waiting to move this:

1/25

ScheirholtzRedX.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
He's the man. I really like him. He has a cannon for an arm and is quick as hell. He's just never been able to hit at the major league level. He has clearly turned that around. He'll be in right field for a while.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Nate can hit. In 56 AB's this June he's hit .393/.417/.625. Combined that with Fred Lewis' struggles and Bochy is going to play Schierholtz lots more. He should be the starting right fielder.

schierholtzblackref.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
quote="johnny rook"]Nate can hit. In 56 AB's this June he's hit .393/.417/.625. Combined that with Fred Lewis' struggles and Bochy is going to play Schierholtz lots more. He should be the starting right fielder.

schierholtzblackref.jpg
[/quote]

The 3 walks in 4 years is a bit alarming?

craw_song

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
He's legit....just a victim of not having a chance to play every day at the MLB level the past few years, and his stats can't really be read into too much due to sporadic at-bats the past couple years. He's never going to walk much, but he does have a decent eye at the plate...Pablo MANdoval doesn't draw too many walks, but he also doesn't strike out a ton, and Schierholtz could be similar. He's also got a cannon arm in right, and developing power. It's a joke that the likes of Winn and Fred Lewis (an atrocious defender) have started so many games instead of him, but that's how it goes for guys breaking in at the MLB level who aren't 'top' prospects.

Bonus: he doesn't wear batting gloves, wears his socks high...and totally leveled that one guy at the olympics.

Members online