Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillipe Aumont: Starter or Releiver?

Will Phillipe Aumont ultimately end up as a big league Starter or Reliever?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
As I mentioned before, I see the M's using him in the pen as a set-up man or possible reliever, barring no unforeseen issues with Aardsma. Long term, I think he's built for a starting job. His huge frame and velocity could bring back the Randy Johnson days due Seattle.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
bradical said:
As I mentioned before, I see the M's using him in the pen as a set-up man or possible reliever, barring no unforeseen issues with Aardsma. Long term, I think he's built for a starting job. His huge frame and velocity could bring back the Randy Johnson days due Seattle.

I agree with you completely. Actually, when I first saw Aumont's draft video I thought "young Randy Johnson".....Here's hoping the M's don't screw him up.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Reliever at first, but once Fields comes up and establishes himself as the set-up man or closer and if they keep Aardsma, I don't know how they can keep him in the pen after that though...

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Releiver, not a tough decision considering Aumont hasn't started a game this season. Young Randy Johnson he is not.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
johnny rook said:
Releiver, not a tough decision considering Aumont hasn't started a game this season. Young Randy Johnson he is not.

Just because he is reliever THIS SEASON does not make it a slam dunk that he will be one for his entire career. He had started at every level up to this year, and its been made clear that Aumont has been fast tracked to the majors. All I am saying is, like Holland and Feliz, maybe they are just using the reliever roll to break him into the majors quicker (ala Brandon Morrow).

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Not quite. In 1.5 seasons Aumont has made 8 starts in 49 games. To me it's looking like Seattle sees Aumont as a closer/releiver.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
It just makes no sense to me; he's had no major arm issues, he was drafted as a starter and has done well as one. Look like its pretty split (in terms of the poll).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts