Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miscommunications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Why do they happen so often? Like the announcers on ESPN said (I believe it was John Miller in particular), you would think there would be none considering how often they play with each other.
If you are wondering why I brought up the topic, it is because the Mets had three players (CF, SS, 2B I believe) all really close to a pop-up. Yet, it was dropped. One of them, I think it was Alex Cora, dove for it, yet still missed.

How do miscommunications such as these happen?

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Very simple, one assumes that the other guy is going to get it (Since they play with each other). Castillo may have thought the same thing which causes the miscommunication. I don't think the CF was near it to get it, but Cora should be going for that ball until Castillo calls him off.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Remember when you're a kid in little league, and the coach tells you to yell "I got it! I got it!"? Well, as you grow up, that seems immature so you stop calling. Just a theory.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Card Magnet said:
Remember when you're a kid in little league, and the coach tells you to yell "I got it! I got it!"? Well, as you grow up, that seems immature so you stop calling. Just a theory.

That's exactly what it is I think. If one guy just takes charge and calls the others off that wouldn't happen.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
Very simple, one assumes that the other guy is going to get it

And you know what they say about assuming, don't you? (It makes an ass out of u & eventually me) ...Okay, I got that from the show "Reaper"... :oops: :p

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
cowboysrule48 said:
Card Magnet said:

That's exactly what it is I think. If one guy just takes charge and calls the others off that wouldn't happen.
I don't know. Everytime I watch guys catch fly balls, I see them yelling. Maybe that just can't hear each other when it's loud.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hallsgator said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Card Magnet said:

I don't know. Everytime I watch guys catch fly balls, I see them yelling. Maybe that just can't hear each other when it's loud.
"I got it"
"NO! I got it!"
"DUDE! I said I got it!"
"Back off it's almost here!"
"Fine, you take it!"
"Wait, you called it first"
*ball makes a thud in the grass*

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well I remember the coaches telling us that depending on where a ball is hit...certain players on the field can make the call and call others off.When I see the left fielder and the center fielder collide...I get pretty mad.Someone needs to be calling it but half the time they both are and the Center fielder makes the call.Not the left fielder.Apparently they didn't play little league?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
Card Magnet said:

Try telling Brendan Ryan that. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts